Google+

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Green Veggie Latte

Hi! The weekend was fast as usual, but we have a holiday (Autumnal Equinox Day) today! Yay :) Some people might have taken a day off yesterday because the train was not that packed in the morning.

Today, I will translate my favorite veggie latte. I think it is just the same as the one served at the cafe near my workplace ;)

---------------------------------
Green Veggie Latte

Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 5min
Number of servings: 2

Necessary Equipment:
blender / mixer

Ingredients:
25g (1oz.) spinach
25g (1oz.) soft cabbage leaf
150g (5.2oz.) fresh banana
200cc milk
ice cubes

Directions:
1. Boil spinach quickly, soak in cold water, squeeze and cut into an inch long pieces.
2. Cut banana and cabbage coarsely.
3. Place 1 & 2 & milk in a blender / mixer and process until smooth.
4. Pour into a glass with ice cubes, serve as soon as possible.

My original recipe in Japanese is here.
I originally made it with Komatsuna. It is kind of Japanese spinach which contains less oxalic acid than spinach.
---------------------------------


Actually, I was going to post this last night! I was asleep in front of the PC again :( Am I tired or what?! I was thinking of getting up early this morning but I forgot to set the alarm so I couldn't... I just woke up because it was 8:30 and I was late for the garbage collection!!!

It will be high 85F (29C) today!
I definitely need to wear summer clothes!

I gotta go now! See you again!!!

♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron

♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/

♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)

♥My Cookbook♥

10 comments:

  1. Hi Ochi,

    Your latte sounds interesting, do you boil the cabbage leaf at all to make soft? This is similar to the smoothies I like to make here, but not with vegetables, but fruit.
    We have been very warm here too!

    You poor thing, you must get some rest. I'm a night person, I hate mornings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ochi San.

    It's my first time,to hear that green veggie latte,Is that your originality?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ochi

    This drink seem a bit strange.I mean i never knew that vege also can be made into latte.

    How's the taste of this latte??Will the smell of spinach strong??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Konnichiwa jo!

    >>do you boil the cabbage leaf at all to make soft?
    Oh, good question!!!
    No. You can mix it smooth with the mixer without boiling ;)
    Just mix it with your smoothie. If you don't put a lot, you won't taste it at all. Very healthy way to take in fiber!

    >>I'm a night person, I hate mornings!
    Really?! I thought you are a morning person!!!
    But you are a rock person! This makes sense!
    I'm just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello davamerce!

    I just thought you are DabaMehon! Is she your friend?
    Thanks for coming :)

    Actually, something similar is served at the cafe I go. I just imitated it and I believe it is almost the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jose!

    If you like veggie juice, you would like it! Just try when you have time ;)
    It tastes banana, so don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for you!
    I would like to try this veggie latte. Crucerferous veggies like cabbage is supposed to be good for memory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello nazarina!
    Thanks for your vote!!!

    You know what!? Komatsuna I mentioned here is also a cruciferous veggie! I didn't know that cruciferous veggies are good for memory. Good to know! Thanks :)

    Oh my god! Your blog is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ochi San.

    I'm sorry if you are confused in my name.
    my name is merce.
    daba or dava from the word dabaw or davao,but they are the same meaning.
    but i have 2 reasons,why i'm using this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello merce!

    What are your reasons?!
    So, you have 2 blogs?
    I think I am still confused.
    If I am writing something wrong, just let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days