Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Namahage

Hi! Today we have another nice weather. The high temp is 70F (21C)! It's going to rain from tomorrow, though...

This is something about last last week on 10/30. My college friend in NY came to see us with her fiance (they are a bilingual couple)! My boyfriend and I see her every year in NY (in summer) but never saw him. This time, she came back to Japan with him to visit her parents for marital stuff. Their courtship was for 10 years! Days ago, I heard they were finally approved by her parents. I am very happy to hear that. Congratulations again!!!

On this day, about 12 people (including college friends) gathered together. We had a dinner at a restaurant called Namahage. Namahage by the way is a Japanese ritual which is observed throughout Oga Peninsula, Akita Prefecture in northern Honshū, Japan. It is said to have originated as a ritual for cleansing people's souls, and for blessing the new year. While eating, Namahage comes to your table to entertain. The restaurant serves local foods in Akita, such as Kiritanpo (rice stick) nabe! I hope her fiance enjoyed, in a jet-lagged mind. He-he!

Oops. I know I'm way behind on replies... I will catch up soon!

Stay with me :D

Please click below and vote for me.

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

Popular Posts - Last 7 days