Google+

Friday, March 4, 2011

Easy Tasty Cold Tofu

On 2/13, my "Easy Tasty Cold Tofu" ranked the 1st on Lettuce Club's website. Salt, sesame oil, and garlic really work up the appetite! I used momen-dofu (cotton tofu) which is pretty filling! It's a dish to go with sake or beer, too :D



Please try it out!

---------------------------------
Easy Tasty Cold Tofu

Difficulty: Super Easy
Time: 5min + refrigeration time
Number of servings: 2

Ingredients:
300g (10.5oz.) momen-dofu (cotton tofu)
A
*1 tbsp. sesame oil
*1/2 tsp. salt
*a touch of cracked black pepper
*a bit of grated garlic
chopped scallions
white sesame seeds

Directions:
1. Boil water in a large pot, break tofu into chunks (with your hands), place in boiling water for about 2 minutes, drain in a colander, cool enough, and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
2. Mix A in a bowl and dress the tofu.
3. Serve in a dish and garnish with chopped scallions and white sesame seeds.

My original recipe in Japanese is here.
---------------------------------


By boiling tofu, you can remove excess water! Thus, it can absorb the seasonings well!!!

Yummy yummy!

♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron

♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/

♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)

♥My Cookbook♥

6 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Especially for people who go on a diet haha I like how you also think about beverages when you make food! Do you know a lot about wines? When I go to fancy restaurants and look at their wine list my head goes dizzy! So many! But I personally do no like alcohol so I never drink i hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrads Ochi, did you get an award for your 1st ranking!! Sounds like a great recipe, will have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ochi,

    Is this tofu cool?I mean you put in fridge for a while,right?I had cool tofu on Friday night when I had a dinner with my girlfriend,and surprisingly I love it!!

    Sorry for been a bit out date on your post,I miss out a fews.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi suki,

    I'm not good at wines, but I like red wines!

    Good for your health! I don't drink much alcohol (one or two glasses of wine) so I don't have any health prob due to that. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks jo,

    Nothing special for the prize. They gave me 300 lettuce club points. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jose,

    Yes. This is cold tofu!

    I'm glad to see your post today!!! You had a great weekend as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days