Google+

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer 2011 in New York

Hi! I'm back now :D

6 days in NY were amazingly fast. When I leave Japan, I had too many things to do, so I thought leaving them behind for 6 days is not good, but now I think I should have planned to stay more days!!! LoL

Day 1 (7/1):

This was our fast time to take Japanese airline ANA (All Nippon Airways) because there wasn't any empty seat for the cheaper ones (usually we take Delta or Continental). What surprised us was their meals!!! They were amazingly delicious!!! Free alcohol, of course :) I watched 4 movies since the seat was very comfortable. Time we arrived in NY was noon, so we took a walk outside (took a pic in front of 23 foot tall giant yellow teddy bear) and met our friends at night. Every year we stay at Grand Hyatt. The room was nicely renovated this year :)

Day2 (7/2):

We had a breakfast at Grand Central Terminal and went for a walk at The High Line! The weather was really hot but nice. I took my 10th hula video at Hudson River Park (Pier 62). I will write about it later. For lunch, we went to The Fat Radish where I found on a Japanese magazine. Their foods were very healthy and delicious with lots of vegetables: omelette with a bunch of greens :D Then for dinner we went to a Malaysian restaurant called Nyonya. What we ordered were their popular dishes: Home Made Roti Canai (Indian Pancake), Sizzling Nyonya Tofu, and Singapore Rice Noodles. They were all great!

Day 3 (7/3):

We went Rabbithole Restaurant in Brooklyn for Breakfast. I had their recommended Stuffed French Toast! Yummy :) My darling had eggs benedict! Then we shopped around and went to the Brooklyn Brewery. My darling was really excited having a beer there ;) It was raining all day long so we enjoyed shopping. My darling enjoyed shopping at Superdry and bought their tees and bag for himself! For dinner, we went to La Lanterna di Vittorio where is famous for Pizza and Pumpkin Cognac Cheesecake! They were of course delicious!!!

Day 4 (7/4):

OMG! I finally found a place to try the 3-tiered afternoon tea!!! Alice's Afternoon Tea serves the afternoon tea menu before and after noon, which is cool :) So, we had The Mad Hatter menu (2 for $37). Their scones (especially the mixed berry) and sandwiches were amazingly delicious! Yay!!! Then we shopped upper west and walked down to the hotel through the central park. We had a dinner at Rock Center Cafe (as usual - we eat here every year). It's the place where my darling and I dated for the 2nd time. On the Broadway, we found cool Forever 21 electric bulletin board! Can you see us waving hands?! LoL We didn't join the crowds, so we kind of saw the July 4th fireworks from 42nd street. hehe

Day 5 (7/5):

Can you believe it's already the 5th day?! Yeah, I was kind of feeling in that way at this time :'( We took a breakfast at hotel's Market. They are open 24 hours, which is very convenient! For a snack, we went to my long-planned Luke's Lobster! A Taste of Maine, you can try half of lobster, crab, and shrimp! I shared it with my darling but I thought I could eat them all by myself later. hehehe Then we walked up to Union Square to shop (we tried YOGO frozen yogurt - sold on trucks) and went to Limelight Marketplace (originally a church). I never get tired of shopping! For dinner, we went to Hummus Place and tried their recommended dishes: Hummus Masabacha and Shakshuka. No meats?! Yeah, they serve vegetarian dishes. The foods were delicious but we kind of needed meats. haha

Day 6 (7/6):

7/6 is the special day! My darling proposed to me at The Pond of Central Park 2 years ago :) So, we kind of coming back here every year at the same time eating breakfast. (We bought our breakfast at Pret A Manger. I really loved the foods there!) I thought my darling might not answer to my question, but I asked him "why time flies?" then he said, "kiss me and time will stop". Wow! Is that true?! I kissed him, of course. Nothing happened!!! haha We love walking together in the city. Of course, time flies… At night, we planned to go to a cozy restaurant in Battery Park, but it was under renovation (or it was gone…) so we moved to the South Street Seaport. There we found Lobster Paella ($75) at Il Porto. It was pretty expensive, but my darling said okay because it's our last dinner. Thanks XOXO I really enjoyed the dish. Also, I talked him about my recipe stuff (kind of reality) that is not going well, and he said "I don't expect anything, so do as you want." How come he is so nice to me :)

Day 7 (7/7):

Time to go home. Our flight was early in the morning, so we left the city at 8AM X( The way back was Continental, so it was not that comfy like ANA, but was friendly on the wallet!!!

Sorry for my lousy typing… I really want to write more in detail and post more pictures, but need to move on and create my new recipes for contests and YouTube videos! But actually, I spent 2 hours writing this post! LoL

I shoot one video today, so I am going to edit it this week! And tomorrow I have new hula class to attend…

I wish I could have more time!!!

See you again :)

Please click below and vote for me.
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

13 comments:

  1. Omg first to post comment! yay!!!!!! It looks like you had soooo much fun in NYC!!!! Tea! All those amazing food! Shopping and your hun is sooooooo sweet and funny! (about the kiss me if time stops) hahaha Are all japanese men like that? If so then I think all the men here need to go to Japan to take some romance lessons LOL

    Whoaaaa I never heard of free alcohol on a plane before! Was that for first class and economy as well? It must've been an expensive ticket then =P How did you enjoy the tea?! Im sure you could probably make it at home yourself, then you could invite all your girly friends over to have tea time! I would do that too but my house is soooo messy, perhaps when I have a real home of my own haha

    I love how you and your hun both wore similiar t-shirts to wear back to Tokyo! When i go on plane I also try to wear something very comfy, since the plane rides are usually so long but my bf has to wear business casual because he his company requires it hahaha one time he tried to wear a t-shirt but they told him he had to change =P I think it's super sweet that you two go back to the place where he proposed on your anniversary!!!!! OMG sooooo sweet *faints!*

    Reading your post makes me want to go on vacation even more!!!! I hope you're doing well and can't wait for your next video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning suki,

    i finally got over jetlag this morning! haha

    yes! a week was too fast X( i miss NY a lot and hoped that i could go back there if i sleep and wake up! haha

    foods there were amazing. i made a lot of research before i leave japan, so i think i tried most of them on my wish list :)

    i think most japanese men are shy. my darling is different, i guess. at first, i thought he acts weird but now i love him when he says something like that. haha

    our seats were economy. but they were amazingly comfortable. i think that is why japanese airlines are expensive!

    right! your bf works for airway! maybe that is another reason i thought you are a princess! hehe

    we didn't go anywhere for our honeymoon, so i hope i can go back to NY again next year!

    i am creating next video now :) maybe 1 video this week since i have too many things to do X( how busy even without a job! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. "kiss me and time will stop"

    What a smooth line...XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really nice to see you two again! Thanks for inviting me as always. I'll look forward to seeing you again next year!

    BTW... I cannot believe the line your hubby said! It's not so him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back! you must have done a whole heap of research to try that many yummy foods. i'm glad you got to try a afternoon tea set this time round :D

    and your husband is so funny hahaha! it is nice you two go there to celebrate :)

    hoping you can go to NY year after year :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helloooo!! =D wow you went to NYC! so cool! =D i have family in USA but not in NYC XD but in the future i def want to go there! love the pics! and all the food looks so delicious! you and your boyfriend are so sweet! =D can't wait for your next video and good luck with the contest etc girl! i'm so busy with work lately -_-'' and the jacket that i was wearing wahha was indeed a different style =P i think it was cool, but can't wear it to school or something you know XD only for a 'special party' or uhh fashionshow? XD but i don't have a special party etc wahha and i think if i'm gonna buy it and just wear it for once then it's waste of money hihi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ‪SANX2

    i think he happened to say it. lol but i like him in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Linda,

    yeah! i enjoyed seeing you and also sekine-san after a long while!!! i hope to see you again next year ;)

    you know what?! he is always like that. very romantic guy. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi grub,

    >research
    yeah, you know me!

    i miss new york and thinking of going there again next year from now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi candy,

    i think you'll enjoy new york since they have a lots of cute stuff (internationally), too :)

    sometimes i need to think if the clothes are wearable daily. i totally understand you!!! haha

    but it is nice to go for a different style once in a while because i kind of collecting similar clothes... u know

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ochi,

    It's been long time since I view your blog.I'm away for a week too to HatYai,Thailand with family.Wait for my post because those places are amazing!!

    I love your neat post about your visit to NY and I always adore both of you as a loving couple.It is so romantic that your darling asked you to kiss him at the park.

    I love your day 2 clothing with a red heart and your red earrings too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice, jose!!!

    I saw on FB that you gonna go there but you've already been there?! time flies!!!

    I can't wait to see your post :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days