This recipe was introduced at Yukio Hattori's recipe site (Megami's Recipes site). Yukio Hattori is a president of Hattori Nutrition College and best known as an expert commentator on the Japanese television show Iron Chef, if you know ;)
I topped "Spinach Ohitashi" on tofu and decorated with colored peppers. Spinach Ohitashi is a common dish cooked in Japan. It is a boiled spinach flavored with soy sauce. However, in this tutorial, I used vinegar and spices to season, so the flavor is unique.
Please watch Lady Gaga Bento video for the basic "Spinach Ohitashi" recipe.
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 2 Christmas trees
300g (10.5oz.) square momen-dofu (cotton tofu) or kinugoshi-dofu (silken tofu)
100g (3.5oz.) spinach (mustard spinach is okay)
* 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. black vinegar
* a bit of grated ginger
* a bit of black pepper
bell pepper (red, orange, and yellow)
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add a pinch of salt in the water (salt removes oxalic acid - bitter taste, and makes the spinach nice and green).
2. Wash spinach and add in the boiling water from the stem side.
3. Boil spinach for about one minute. Drain and soak the spinach in cold water (or use running water) to cool. Drain and squeeze the spinach to remove the excess water (use paper towel if you have).
4. Cut off the root ends of the spinach and cut into small pieces. Toss the spinach with A.
5. Drain tofu, slice tofu widthwise, and cut it into Christmas tree shape - please watch the video to see how.
6. Top the tofu with spinach and decorate it with diced bell peppers (ornaments).
Happy Holidays :D
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...