This recipe was introduced at Yukio Hattori's recipe site (Megami's Recipes site). Yukio Hattori is a president of Hattori Nutrition College and best known as an expert commentator on the Japanese television show Iron Chef, if you know ;)
I topped "Spinach Ohitashi" on tofu and decorated with colored peppers. Spinach Ohitashi is a common dish cooked in Japan. It is a boiled spinach flavored with soy sauce. However, in this tutorial, I used vinegar and spices to season, so the flavor is unique.
Please watch Lady Gaga Bento video for the basic "Spinach Ohitashi" recipe.
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 2 Christmas trees
300g (10.5oz.) square momen-dofu (cotton tofu) or kinugoshi-dofu (silken tofu)
100g (3.5oz.) spinach (mustard spinach is okay)
* 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. black vinegar
* a bit of grated ginger
* a bit of black pepper
bell pepper (red, orange, and yellow)
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add a pinch of salt in the water (salt removes oxalic acid - bitter taste, and makes the spinach nice and green).
2. Wash spinach and add in the boiling water from the stem side.
3. Boil spinach for about one minute. Drain and soak the spinach in cold water (or use running water) to cool. Drain and squeeze the spinach to remove the excess water (use paper towel if you have).
4. Cut off the root ends of the spinach and cut into small pieces. Toss the spinach with A.
5. Drain tofu, slice tofu widthwise, and cut it into Christmas tree shape - please watch the video to see how.
6. Top the tofu with spinach and decorate it with diced bell peppers (ornaments).
Happy Holidays :D
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...