Slightly sweet and sour flavor is addictive ;)
Chinese Cabbage (or Napa Cabbage) is a tasty low calorie food. We call it Hakusai (白菜) in Japanese. It is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, iron, carotene, etc… especially in the white part of the cabbage. Thus, the broth is rich in nutrients!!!
No wonder, this is the perfect recipe for leftover Chinese cabbage.
Tasty Simmered Pork and Chinese Cabbage Recipe
Number of servings: 2
550g (1.2lb.) Chinese Cabbage
100g (3.5oz.) thinly sliced pork
* 160cc water
* 1/2 consomme cube
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. starch with 1 tbsp. water
1. Cut out the hard core and separate the leaves and the white parts (stalks). Cut the leaves into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice the white parts (stalks) diagonally into bite-size pieces (we call this diagonal cutting technique "Sogigiri").
2. Cut thinly sliced pork into bite-size pieces.
3. Heat sesame oil in a pan, add pork and stir-fry on medium until pink color is nearly gone (about 1 minute). Add the white parts of cabbage and cook on medium until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
4. Then add A, add cabbage leaves, cover, and simmer on low until the cabbage is tender (about 5 minutes).
5. Turn off the heat, add starch with water, heat on medium-high to thicken the broth.
Scroll down the page and see the photos from people who made this recipe ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...