Slightly sweet and sour flavor is addictive ;)
Chinese Cabbage (or Napa Cabbage) is a tasty low calorie food. We call it Hakusai (白菜) in Japanese. It is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, iron, carotene, etc… especially in the white part of the cabbage. Thus, the broth is rich in nutrients!!!
No wonder, this is the perfect recipe for leftover Chinese cabbage.
Tasty Simmered Pork and Chinese Cabbage Recipe
Number of servings: 2
550g (1.2lb.) Chinese Cabbage
100g (3.5oz.) thinly sliced pork
* 160cc water
* 1/2 consomme cube
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. starch with 1 tbsp. water
1. Cut out the hard core and separate the leaves and the white parts (stalks). Cut the leaves into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice the white parts (stalks) diagonally into bite-size pieces (we call this diagonal cutting technique "Sogigiri").
2. Cut thinly sliced pork into bite-size pieces.
3. Heat sesame oil in a pan, add pork and stir-fry on medium until pink color is nearly gone (about 1 minute). Add the white parts of cabbage and cook on medium until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
4. Then add A, add cabbage leaves, cover, and simmer on low until the cabbage is tender (about 5 minutes).
5. Turn off the heat, add starch with water, heat on medium-high to thicken the broth.
Scroll down the page and see the photos from people who made this recipe ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...