Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philipines.
Sweet and sour taste goes great with rice!!!
For sure, many Japanese love this taste and so does my darling :D
Chicken Adobo (Traditional Filipino Recipe)
Number of servings: 12 pieces
12 chicken drumsticks with bone
* 1 clove garlic, sliced
* 2 bay leaves
* 1/2 cup (100ml) soy sauce
* 1/2 cup (100ml) rice vinegar
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 (200g=7oz) onion, cut into wedges
* cracked black pepper
1. Remove excess fat from the chicken pieces if desired. Prick the chicken with a fork to let the seasonings penetrate.
2. Combine A in a large pot. Cover and marinate the chicken for 1 hour. *you can use a Ziploc bag and keep in the fridge for more than 1 hour
3. Add 1/2 cup (100ml) water and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and cover with otoshi buta (drop-lid - you can use aluminum foil) and cook for 30 minutes. *if you can, stir occasionally
4. Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
5. Serve the chicken with (or over) steamed rice and drizzle with the sauce. *noodles, pasta, bread, or mashed potatoes goes well, too!
My mom's simmered chicken recipe is here :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...