Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philipines.
Sweet and sour taste goes great with rice!!!
For sure, many Japanese love this taste and so does my darling :D
Chicken Adobo (Traditional Filipino Recipe)
Number of servings: 12 pieces
12 chicken drumsticks with bone
* 1 clove garlic, sliced
* 2 bay leaves
* 1/2 cup (100ml) soy sauce
* 1/2 cup (100ml) rice vinegar
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 (200g=7oz) onion, cut into wedges
* cracked black pepper
1. Remove excess fat from the chicken pieces if desired. Prick the chicken with a fork to let the seasonings penetrate.
2. Combine A in a large pot. Cover and marinate the chicken for 1 hour. *you can use a Ziploc bag and keep in the fridge for more than 1 hour
3. Add 1/2 cup (100ml) water and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and cover with otoshi buta (drop-lid - you can use aluminum foil) and cook for 30 minutes. *if you can, stir occasionally
4. Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
5. Serve the chicken with (or over) steamed rice and drizzle with the sauce. *noodles, pasta, bread, or mashed potatoes goes well, too!
My mom's simmered chicken recipe is here :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...