In this video, I will show you a fun idea to enjoy matcha green tea pound cake ;)
Adding meringue in the pound cake makes it moist and fluffy!
Sorry my drawing is awful…
I know you can draw better than me!!! hehe
HALLOWEEN Frankenstein Matcha Green Tea Pound Cake
Number of servings: 1 loaf
18×8cm (7x3inch) loaf pan
100g (3.5oz.) unsalted butter *room temperature
80g (2.8oz.) granulated sugar
2 eggs *room temperature
2 tbsp. soymilk or milk
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
* 120g (4.2oz.) cake flour
* 1&1/2 tbsp. matcha green tea powder
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
chocolate pens *you can draw 2 Frankensteins with 1 pen
1. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Mix A and sift them together if you have time.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl with a wire whisk. Add 80g (2.8oz.) granulated sugar little by little and mix well.
3. Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Add the egg yolks one by one and mix well. Then add soymilk and mix well.
4. Make meringue in a separate bowl: Whip egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add granulated sugar 1/3 at a time, then continue to whip until stiff glossy peaks form when you lift the beaters.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the butter mixture (3.), and blend well with a spatula.
6. Sift in A and fold in with a spatula. Then add the rest of the meringue and fold in gently but thoroughly.
7. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter. Use the spatula to cut an incision lengthwise down middle of cake to prevent unwanted cracks on the surface.
8. Bake at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes. Then turn down to 160C (320F) and bake for 35-40 minutes. *Cover the cake with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too much. Insert a stick into the cake to check whether it is baked or not.
9. Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool.
10. Slice the pound cake. Set a chocolate pen in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Cut the tip of the chocolate pen and draw Frankenstein faces on pound cake slices.
* When the cake is completely cool, wrap tightly in plastic wrap. It will last wrapped this way for few days (in the fridge).
* You can also wrap each slices of pound cake individually with a plastic wrap.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...