In this video, I will show you a fun idea to enjoy matcha green tea pound cake ;)
Adding meringue in the pound cake makes it moist and fluffy!
Sorry my drawing is awful…
I know you can draw better than me!!! hehe
HALLOWEEN Frankenstein Matcha Green Tea Pound Cake
Number of servings: 1 loaf
18×8cm (7x3inch) loaf pan
100g (3.5oz.) unsalted butter *room temperature
80g (2.8oz.) granulated sugar
2 eggs *room temperature
2 tbsp. soymilk or milk
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
* 120g (4.2oz.) cake flour
* 1&1/2 tbsp. matcha green tea powder
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
chocolate pens *you can draw 2 Frankensteins with 1 pen
1. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Mix A and sift them together if you have time.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl with a wire whisk. Add 80g (2.8oz.) granulated sugar little by little and mix well.
3. Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Add the egg yolks one by one and mix well. Then add soymilk and mix well.
4. Make meringue in a separate bowl: Whip egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add granulated sugar 1/3 at a time, then continue to whip until stiff glossy peaks form when you lift the beaters.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the butter mixture (3.), and blend well with a spatula.
6. Sift in A and fold in with a spatula. Then add the rest of the meringue and fold in gently but thoroughly.
7. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter. Use the spatula to cut an incision lengthwise down middle of cake to prevent unwanted cracks on the surface.
8. Bake at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes. Then turn down to 160C (320F) and bake for 35-40 minutes. *Cover the cake with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too much. Insert a stick into the cake to check whether it is baked or not.
9. Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool.
10. Slice the pound cake. Set a chocolate pen in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Cut the tip of the chocolate pen and draw Frankenstein faces on pound cake slices.
* When the cake is completely cool, wrap tightly in plastic wrap. It will last wrapped this way for few days (in the fridge).
* You can also wrap each slices of pound cake individually with a plastic wrap.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...