Today I will show you an easy and cute curry rice (curry and rice / kare-raisu) idea for Halloween!
I'm sure your kids are gonna love this :)
Halloween Teddy Bear Curry (Hamburger Steak Curry)
Difficulty: Medium with Patience
Number of servings: 6
Calories per serving: 567Kcal
1/2 box = 119g (4.2oz.) House Vermont Curry Sauce Mix (Mild) *we call it "curry roux". you can choose med hot or hot as well.
2 medium (400g=14.1oz.) onions
1 medium (150g=5.3oz.) potato
1/2 medium (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
2 (60g=2.1oz.) green peppers
1 (150g=5.3oz.) red bell pepper
2&1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
250g (8.8oz.) ground beef and pork
2 tbsp. Panko (bread crumbs)
1 tbsp. milk
salt and pepper
((Saffron Rice)) *of course, the curry can be served with plain, unflavored steamed rice.
1 package Curry Partner Saffron Paste
6 servings (1020g=2.3lbs.) cooked rice
3 sliced American cheese
3 nori sheets
1. Mince the onions. Roughly dice the potato and carrot. Cut out 6 triangles from red bell pepper for teddy bear noses. Cut and save 6 strips of green pepper for teddy bear mouths. Roughly dice the rest of the peppers.
1. Put ground beef and pork, salt and pepper, Panko (bread crumbs), and milk in a bowl, and mix well by hand until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
2. Divide it into 12 patties. Heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil in a frying pan and lightly saute the teddy bear noses and mouths, and set aside. Then in the same frying pan, cook the hamburger steaks to desired doneness.
1. Heat 1&1/2 tbsp. cooking oil in a large stew pot. Add onions, potatoes, and carrots, and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
2. Add 850ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
4. Then add green and red peppers, and put on low heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
1. Place cooked rice in a bowl. Add Curry Partner Saffron Paste while the rice is still hot and slice through it using a rice paddle to separate the grains.
1. Serve curry and a round piece of saffron rice and a round piece of sliced American cheese. Place hamburger steaks centered with round pieces of sliced American cheese to make the ears. Place raisins for eyes, red bell pepper for nose, and green pepper for mouth.
2. For the hat, make a circular cone shape with rice and wrap with 1/2 nor sheet. Then place a strip of sliced American cheese.
*for best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
*curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
*if you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...