Very simple yet delicious side dish idea for rice! No wonder a perfect dish for bento lunch box :)
If you wonder how it tastes, it tastes like teriyaki!
Worth to try it out!!!
Simmered Bonito Chunks and Shiitake Mushrooms
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4
250g (8.8oz.) Katsuo (bonito)
6 Shiitake mushrooms
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 3 tbsp. sake (or white wine)
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* 100ml water
1. Cut bonito into an inch chunks. Remove stems, lightly rinse and dry with paper towels.
2. Put A in a pot. Place the bonito and Shiitake mushrooms. Cover with Otoshi Buta (drop-lid) and cook on medium for 5 minutes.
3. Stop the heat, toss to coat the liquid evenly, then leave to cool to absorb the flavours for about 30 minutes. (If you simmer too much, the fish will lose its flavor.)
4. Strain, then put the liquid back in the pot, and simmer on medium until the liquid is reduced to a thick glaze. (It can easily burn at the end, so please watch out.)
5. Put bonito and Shiitake back in the pot, simmer on medium, and toss to coat the glaze evenly.
Tuna (Maguro) or even chicken is good, too :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Monday, April 22, 2013
How to Make Simmered Bonito Chunks and Shiitake Mushrooms - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...