Very simple yet delicious side dish idea for rice! No wonder a perfect dish for bento lunch box :)
If you wonder how it tastes, it tastes like teriyaki!
Worth to try it out!!!
Simmered Bonito Chunks and Shiitake Mushrooms
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4
250g (8.8oz.) Katsuo (bonito)
6 Shiitake mushrooms
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 3 tbsp. sake (or white wine)
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* 100ml water
1. Cut bonito into an inch chunks. Remove stems, lightly rinse and dry with paper towels.
2. Put A in a pot. Place the bonito and Shiitake mushrooms. Cover with Otoshi Buta (drop-lid) and cook on medium for 5 minutes.
3. Stop the heat, toss to coat the liquid evenly, then leave to cool to absorb the flavours for about 30 minutes. (If you simmer too much, the fish will lose its flavor.)
4. Strain, then put the liquid back in the pot, and simmer on medium until the liquid is reduced to a thick glaze. (It can easily burn at the end, so please watch out.)
5. Put bonito and Shiitake back in the pot, simmer on medium, and toss to coat the glaze evenly.
Tuna (Maguro) or even chicken is good, too :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Monday, April 22, 2013
How to Make Simmered Bonito Chunks and Shiitake Mushrooms - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...