Believe it or not, this recipe is super easy yet tasty :)
Healthy & Inexpensive ramen idea for college students and busy moms!!!
400Kcal per serving. Not bad!!!
Asari (Clam) Ramen Noodles
Time: 20 min
Number of servings: 2
Calories per Serving: 400Kcal
2 packages fresh Ramen noodles
200g (7.0oz.) clams
1inch (3cm) Kombu kelp
* 1/2 tbsp. sake
* 3/4 tsp. salt
200g (7.0oz.) bean sprouts (mixed with other veggies)
salt and cracked black pepper
whole kernel corn (canned) if you like
chopped green onion if you like
1. If your clams have some sand in them, place the clams in a dark container and fill it with salted water (as salty as sea water). And let sit for several hours. The clams push salt water and sand out of their shells. Then drain well.
2. In a large pot, put water, Asari (clams), and Kombu kelp. Bring to a boil, remove the foam (dirt), then cook on medium for about 2 minutes. Season with A.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Stir-fry bean sprouts until slightly softened. Then season with salt and cracked black pepper. (You can cook more veggies if you like!!!)
4. In a different large pot, boil water. Add fresh Ramen noodles in the boiling water and gently stir noodles with chopsticks. Cook Ramen noodles according to your package (mine was 3 min). Drain the noodles in a strainer and place them in a dish. *You don't want to fight over the noodles, so cook one portion at a time :P
5. Ladle soup into each bowl. Top each bowl with bean sprouts and clams. Sprinkle with corn and green onions, if desired.
You can add more toppings if you want: Naruto, Wakame, Menma, seasoned eggs, etc...
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...