Baumkuchen is a kind of layered cake invented in Germany.
It is a very popular cake in Japan.
The most popular wedding favor, too!
In this video, I will show you how to make it at home using a Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan)!
Number of Servings: 2
Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan)
50g (1.8oz.) granulated sugar
50ml fresh cream or whipping cream *milk is okay
2 tbsp. melted butter *cooking oil is okay
100g (3.5oz) cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
a few drops of vanilla extract
1. Make a core tube by rolling aluminum foil. Make sure it is as wide as the pan.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl. Add sugar and mix well. Then add fresh cream and melted butter, and mix well.
3. Sift in cake flour and baking powder, and mix well. Add a few drops of vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Heat cooking oil in a Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan) on low heat, pour (1/2 ladle of) the batter in the pan and spread over the surface. When bubbles appear on the surface, place the core tube coated with some oil, and start rolling (just like making Tamagoyaki). Once it has browned, set aside.
5. Again, on low heat, spread the batter over the surface of the pan. When bubbles appear on the surface, place the rolled cake, roll, and set aside. Repeat this (for 5 or 6 times) until all your batter is gone.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! It will slightly get hard in the fridge, so leave at room temperature for a few minutes before you serve.
You can coat it with icing sugar, serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
What is Cake Flour?
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Nikuman or Butaman is steamed pork buns. I know not all of you have a steamer, and I know you want the easiest recipe, so here you go ;) ...
Very light and tasty. Addictive omelette indeed :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmprA9VjP8 Serve the omelette as soon as possible o...
YES! the book is in both English and Japanese! http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4046014822 How to Order My Cookbook from Amazon Japan: http...
How to Make Hamburger Buns & Menchi Katsu Burger (Step-by-Step Basic Bread Recipe for Beginners) - Video RecipeWe have extremely hot summer (over 35C/95F) in Japan!!! So, I decided to best use this heat to rise bread. LOL http://www.youtube.com/w...
No blender needed!!! You just need Marshmallows and milk to make this. Amazing 2-ingredient Milkshake recipe idea ;) https://www.youtube....
Tortilla de Patata (Potato Tortilla) is one of the typical Spanish dishes. In my recipe, I am not going to deep fry the potatoes in olive oi...
Have you seen “ Ratatouille "? It is a movie released in 2007. There was a contest related to this movie at that time and my "Ra...
Cute rice dish idea for Bento box or Parties! Perfect for Valentine's Day and Ohanami (Sakura viewing) Bento ;) https://www.youtube....
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Coxinha is a very popular street food snack in Brazil :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AqRAg09tYg Note: Don't blame me, I tried ...