Baumkuchen is a kind of layered cake invented in Germany.
It is a very popular cake in Japan.
The most popular wedding favor, too!
In this video, I will show you how to make it at home using a Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan)!
Number of Servings: 2
Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan)
50g (1.8oz.) granulated sugar
50ml fresh cream or whipping cream *milk is okay
2 tbsp. melted butter *cooking oil is okay
100g (3.5oz) cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
a few drops of vanilla extract
1. Make a core tube by rolling aluminum foil. Make sure it is as wide as the pan.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl. Add sugar and mix well. Then add fresh cream and melted butter, and mix well.
3. Sift in cake flour and baking powder, and mix well. Add a few drops of vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Heat cooking oil in a Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan) on low heat, pour (1/2 ladle of) the batter in the pan and spread over the surface. When bubbles appear on the surface, place the core tube coated with some oil, and start rolling (just like making Tamagoyaki). Once it has browned, set aside.
5. Again, on low heat, spread the batter over the surface of the pan. When bubbles appear on the surface, place the rolled cake, roll, and set aside. Repeat this (for 5 or 6 times) until all your batter is gone.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! It will slightly get hard in the fridge, so leave at room temperature for a few minutes before you serve.
You can coat it with icing sugar, serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
What is Cake Flour?
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
After cooking red beans in an enamel pot, the color stained badly… You don't want to damage the pot by cleaning it with a scrubbing br...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...