Nasu no Dengaku is grilled Japanese eggplant with sweet miso sauce.
You can serve this as an appetizer.
It goes great with rice, too.
Perfect dish for bento box!
Nasu no Dengaku
Time: 25 min
Number of servings: 4
2-3 (350g=12.5oz.) eggplants
* 2 tbsp. Miso
* 2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2 tbsp. Dashi broth (add a pinch of Dashi powder in water)
* 1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil
toasted white sesame seeds
1. Place A in a saucepan and simmer on low for 10 minutes (stirring constantly) until thick, shiny, and smooth. Stop the heat and mix in sesame oil to taste.
2. Remove the stems from the eggplants. Partially strip the skin with a peeler (it makes it look good & improves the texture). Slice the eggplants into 1-inch rounds. Make diagonal incisions at the top (on one side) and soak them in water to remove the bitter taste. Then dry with paper towels.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Place the eggplants (incision sides down), cover, and cook on low for 7 minutes. Then flip them over and cook for 3 more minutes until tender.
4. Top the eggplants with the miso sauce. Bake in the oven or toaster oven until the tops are dark brown. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to finish.
I used Chef's Torch to sear :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...