Sweet and Sour Pork (we call it "Subuta" in Japanese) is a popular Chinese dish in Japan.
Very refreshing and enhances your appetite in hot and humid summer season!
It goes great with rice. Perfect for Bento box.
Perfect recipe for Chinese New Year, too
Sweet and Sour Pork
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) pork loin chops *any portion or chicken is okay
* 2 tsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
100g (3.5oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) EACH bell peppers (green, red, orange, and yellow)
3 Shiitake mushrooms
50g (1.8oz.) cut pineapple *if you like
* 100ml chicken stock
* 3 tbsp. sugar
* 3 tbsp. vinegar
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. starch *corn or potato is okay
* 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
1 tbsp. cooking oil
starch *corn or potato is okay
vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Cut pork loin chops into bite-size pieces and season with A.
2. Cut onion into wedges. Cut bell peppers into bite-size pieces. Cut Shiitake mushrooms into quarters.
3. Mix the seasonings B.
4. Drain the seasoned pork pieces and dust them with starch. Deep fry them in oil at 160C (320F) for 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat cooking oil over high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and Shiitake mushrooms, then saute them until almost done.
6. Turn down to medium heat, add B, when the sauce thickens, add the deep fried pork (and cut pineapple if you like) and cook until hot.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...