Sweet and Sour Pork (we call it "Subuta" in Japanese) is a popular Chinese dish in Japan.
Very refreshing and enhances your appetite in hot and humid summer season!
It goes great with rice. Perfect for Bento box.
Perfect recipe for Chinese New Year, too
Sweet and Sour Pork
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) pork loin chops *any portion or chicken is okay
* 2 tsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
100g (3.5oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) EACH bell peppers (green, red, orange, and yellow)
3 Shiitake mushrooms
50g (1.8oz.) cut pineapple *if you like
* 100ml chicken stock
* 3 tbsp. sugar
* 3 tbsp. vinegar
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. starch *corn or potato is okay
* 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
1 tbsp. cooking oil
starch *corn or potato is okay
vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Cut pork loin chops into bite-size pieces and season with A.
2. Cut onion into wedges. Cut bell peppers into bite-size pieces. Cut Shiitake mushrooms into quarters.
3. Mix the seasonings B.
4. Drain the seasoned pork pieces and dust them with starch. Deep fry them in oil at 160C (320F) for 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat cooking oil over high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and Shiitake mushrooms, then saute them until almost done.
6. Turn down to medium heat, add B, when the sauce thickens, add the deep fried pork (and cut pineapple if you like) and cook until hot.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...