Lately, my darling shared with me a newspaper article (Nikkei MJ 2013/4/17 issue - I know it is pretty old. lol) about the cake shop that sells "Ramen Cake" and I thought I want to make one for myself :D
However, it was not that easy…
I tried it for 3 times to get this perfect result.
I hope you enjoy it :)
FYI Failed version is in the end.
Time: 1 day (incl. cooling time)
Number of servings: 2
((Sweet Potato Ramen Noodles))
300g (10.5oz.) Japanese sweet potato
* 100ml milk
* 60g (2.1oz.) sugar
* 2 tbsp. butter
* cinnamon powder (if you like)
* 1 tsp. rum (if you like)
((Fillings)) *If you want to make them from scratch, please watch the Shortcake video.
canned fruits and syrup
((Ramen Soup Jelly)) *1 serving
300ml sweetened tea of your choice
5g (0.18oz.) gelatin powder
((Toppings)) *choose whatever that looks like what you want
Naruto: make with white chocolate and strawberry chocolate
Chashu Pork: marble chocolate cookie
Nori Seaweed: black sesame seed cookie
Chopped Green Onions: chopped pumpkin seeds
((Sweet Potato Ramen Noodles))
1. Peel and slice the sweet potato into rounds. Soak in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from discoloring. Then drain well.
2. Place the sweet potato rounds on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at 500w for 8 minutes. Leave to steam for a minute, transfer them into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
3. Mix in A while the sweet potato is hot. Then strain through a sieve.
1. Place a thin layer of sponge cake in a ramen bowl. Brush the cake with syrup, place some whipped cream and fruits, then place a layer of sponge cake and brush with syrup again.
2. Spread enough sweet potato to cover the cake and the cream, then smooth the top. Make sure you cover them because they can easily float up when you pour in the jelly.
3. Transfer the mashed sweet potato to a pastry bag and snip off the end. Squeeze out like ramen noodles.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the freezer until frozen hard. If you don't, the noodles will melt when you pour in the jelly.
((Ramen Soup Jelly)) *start making when the noodles are frozen
1. Heat the tea until hot, add the gelatin powder, and continue stirring until it completely dissolves.
2. Leave to cool (at around 20C/68F) just before the jelly firms up.
3. Pour it into the ramen bowl, place the bowl immediately into the freezer, and let the jelly firm up for 3 minutes.
4. When the jelly is firmed up, transfer the bowl into the fridge and defrost the cake.
Just before you eat, garnish the ramen with the toppings of your choice!
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
I am very happy to hear the news that Washoku (Japanese traditional cuisine) is registered on the UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Sc...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
The "A Day with Google" event is designed to show how Google can be an intelligent personal assistant, making everyday life simple...
A cute Korean song by Hari (하리)! This video is not related to cooking, so it is unlisted (those who know the link can watch). hehe 韓国やタイ...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
When I made Hot Cake (Japanese Pancake), I received many requests for the recipe from scratch, so here is the recipe. http://www.youtube....
I bought this hot and sour soup mix in Taiwan :) http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2013/11/souvenirs-from-taiwan.html You can make the so...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...