Lately, my darling shared with me a newspaper article (Nikkei MJ 2013/4/17 issue - I know it is pretty old. lol) about the cake shop that sells "Ramen Cake" and I thought I want to make one for myself :D
However, it was not that easy…
I tried it for 3 times to get this perfect result.
I hope you enjoy it :)
FYI Failed version is in the end.
Time: 1 day (incl. cooling time)
Number of servings: 2
((Sweet Potato Ramen Noodles))
300g (10.5oz.) Japanese sweet potato
* 100ml milk
* 60g (2.1oz.) sugar
* 2 tbsp. butter
* cinnamon powder (if you like)
* 1 tsp. rum (if you like)
((Fillings)) *If you want to make them from scratch, please watch the Shortcake video.
canned fruits and syrup
((Ramen Soup Jelly)) *1 serving
300ml sweetened tea of your choice
5g (0.18oz.) gelatin powder
((Toppings)) *choose whatever that looks like what you want
Naruto: make with white chocolate and strawberry chocolate
Chashu Pork: marble chocolate cookie
Nori Seaweed: black sesame seed cookie
Chopped Green Onions: chopped pumpkin seeds
((Sweet Potato Ramen Noodles))
1. Peel and slice the sweet potato into rounds. Soak in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from discoloring. Then drain well.
2. Place the sweet potato rounds on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at 500w for 8 minutes. Leave to steam for a minute, transfer them into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
3. Mix in A while the sweet potato is hot. Then strain through a sieve.
1. Place a thin layer of sponge cake in a ramen bowl. Brush the cake with syrup, place some whipped cream and fruits, then place a layer of sponge cake and brush with syrup again.
2. Spread enough sweet potato to cover the cake and the cream, then smooth the top. Make sure you cover them because they can easily float up when you pour in the jelly.
3. Transfer the mashed sweet potato to a pastry bag and snip off the end. Squeeze out like ramen noodles.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the freezer until frozen hard. If you don't, the noodles will melt when you pour in the jelly.
((Ramen Soup Jelly)) *start making when the noodles are frozen
1. Heat the tea until hot, add the gelatin powder, and continue stirring until it completely dissolves.
2. Leave to cool (at around 20C/68F) just before the jelly firms up.
3. Pour it into the ramen bowl, place the bowl immediately into the freezer, and let the jelly firm up for 3 minutes.
4. When the jelly is firmed up, transfer the bowl into the fridge and defrost the cake.
Just before you eat, garnish the ramen with the toppings of your choice!
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Nikuman or Butaman is steamed pork buns. I know not all of you have a steamer, and I know you want the easiest recipe, so here you go ;) ...
How to Make Hamburger Buns & Menchi Katsu Burger (Step-by-Step Basic Bread Recipe for Beginners) - Video RecipeWe have extremely hot summer (over 35C/95F) in Japan!!! So, I decided to best use this heat to rise bread. LOL http://www.youtube.com/w...
Meiji Amino Collagen is No. 1 collagen supplement in Japan! It contains 5000mg of 100% low-molecular fish collagen (collagen peptide) per s...
No blender needed!!! You just need Marshmallows and milk to make this. Amazing 2-ingredient Milkshake recipe idea ;) https://www.youtube....
Very Kawaii and great idea for parties ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Avu5pylxI Product I used: Takara TOMY Disney Princess Co...
A macaron is a sweet meringue-based French confectionery. It is crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. http://www.youtube.com/watc...
Very light and tasty. Addictive omelette indeed :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmprA9VjP8 Serve the omelette as soon as possible o...
Tortilla de Patata (Potato Tortilla) is one of the typical Spanish dishes. In my recipe, I am not going to deep fry the potatoes in olive oi...
Have you seen “ Ratatouille "? It is a movie released in 2007. There was a contest related to this movie at that time and my "Ra...
Cute rice dish idea for Bento box or Parties! Perfect for Valentine's Day and Ohanami (Sakura viewing) Bento ;) https://www.youtube....