VEGEMITE is a dark brown Australian spread, made from leftover brewer's yeast extract. It is very salty with an unique flavor (which some people may dislike) but rich in umami.
In Australia, I tried it on toasted bread with some butter and avocado. It wasn't that bad! So, I thought of using a thin layer of it in sushi rolls :) Surprisingly, you won't taste it and it gives a nice salty flavor without soy sauce!
Vegemite is one of the world's richest known sources of B vitamins, specifically thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and folic acid, which helps promote healthy skin and hair! Adding Avocado (anti-aging vitamin E) would make a perfect beauty roll!
Beauty VEGEMITE Sushi Rolls (California Roll)
Number of servings: 2 rolls (16 pieces)
300g (10.6oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp. Sushi vinegar*
4 strips of avocado
4 strips of cucumber
6 Kanikama (imitation crab sticks)
1 Nori sheet
black and white toasted sesame seeds
Wasabi (Japanese Horseradish Paste) if desired
1. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushi vinegar while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains. (Cool the rice before you use.)
2. Cover a bamboo sushi-roll mat with plastic wrap. Cut Nori sheet in half and place it on the bamboo sushi-roll mat, shiny side down.
3. Spread the sushi rice on the Nori sheet using your finger tips, little bit moistened with water. Sprinkle with black and white toasted sesame seeds. Flip it over so that the Nori sheet facing you.
4. Spread a thin layer of VEGEMITE lengthwise in the center. Place avocado, cucumber, and imitation crab sticks lengthwise on the Nori sheet. (cut them if too long.)
5. Roll the bamboo mat forward, hold the line of ingredients firmly with your fingers, stop and leave about 1/3 inch of sushi rice, make sure all the ingredients are pressed in, roll it completely, gently press the mat around the roll to shape it (do not squeeze).
6. With a moistened knife (bread knife cuts well) cut the roll into 6-8 pieces (re-wet as needed. don't push but pull to cut).
7. Eat with Wasabi if desired.
* Ingredients to make sushi vinegar from scratch.
1.5 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...
This video will show you how to make churros with chewy middles and crispy outsides! Este video le mostrará cómo hacer churros. http://...