Spiced pumpkin pie is perfect for Halloween as well as the Thanksgiving!!!
Very simple recipe using pie sheets :)
Halloween Jack-o'-Lantern Pumpkin Pie
Time: 1 hr
Number of servings: 16cm (6.3-inch) tart pan with a removable bottom
2 pie sheets (puff pastry sheets)
200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha (Japanese squash)
* 40g (1.4oz.) sugar
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tbsp. butter
* 1 tbsp. milk
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder (if you like)
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 tsp. water
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 8 minutes until tender.
2. Scoop out 200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Mash the Kabocha using a fork and mix in A while it is hot. Then strain through a sieve.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
4. Halfway thaw one of the pie sheets. Use a sharp knife to cut out Jack-o'-Lantern face. Then thaw the other pie sheet and lay inside the tart pan with a removable bottom.
5. Lightly prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Then fill the pumpkin filling (2.) and smooth the top. Lightly prick it again. Gently place the other pie sheet onto the top of the filling. Gently press the edges to seal them. Cut off edges as needed.
6. Mix B (egg wash) and brush on the surface with a pastry brush. Bake at 180C (350F) for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Place it on a wire rack to cool. When it is cool enough to handle, remove the pie from the pan.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...