Spiced pumpkin pie is perfect for Halloween as well as the Thanksgiving!!!
Very simple recipe using pie sheets :)
Halloween Jack-o'-Lantern Pumpkin Pie
Time: 1 hr
Number of servings: 16cm (6.3-inch) tart pan with a removable bottom
2 pie sheets (puff pastry sheets)
200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha (Japanese squash)
* 40g (1.4oz.) sugar
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tbsp. butter
* 1 tbsp. milk
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder (if you like)
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 tsp. water
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 8 minutes until tender.
2. Scoop out 200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Mash the Kabocha using a fork and mix in A while it is hot. Then strain through a sieve.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
4. Halfway thaw one of the pie sheets. Use a sharp knife to cut out Jack-o'-Lantern face. Then thaw the other pie sheet and lay inside the tart pan with a removable bottom.
5. Lightly prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Then fill the pumpkin filling (2.) and smooth the top. Lightly prick it again. Gently place the other pie sheet onto the top of the filling. Gently press the edges to seal them. Cut off edges as needed.
6. Mix B (egg wash) and brush on the surface with a pastry brush. Bake at 180C (350F) for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Place it on a wire rack to cool. When it is cool enough to handle, remove the pie from the pan.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...