Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo.
I never thought of making this at home, but I tried it for my viewers :)
Pureed banana custard cream was smooth and delicious.
Please try it out!!!
Number of servings: 8 (cream is for 16 or more)
9-inch square brownie pan
((Banana Custard Cream))
Net 100g (3.5oz.) banana
* 1 egg
* 1 tbsp. corn starch
* 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
* 150ml milk
a few drops of vanilla extract
((Banana Custard Cream))
1. In a bowl, mash banana with a fork.
2. Add A and mix well.
3. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a saucepan.
4. Put on low, stir constantly, and stop the heat when the cream starts to thicken. Mix well with the remaining heat. If you like, add a few drops of vanilla extract. Leave to cool completely.
5. Transfer the cream into a pastry bag OR into a dish covered tightly with plastic wrap (make sure the cream sticks to the plastic wrap to keep from drying out). Chill in the fridge.
1. Cut the sponge cake into 4 squares. Then cut them into thin (0.2 inch) slices.
2. Place the cake on plastic wrap (with the brown side up), pipe out the Banana Custard Cream, roll, and securely twist the ends like a candy.
*It tastes good if you chill them in the fridge before you eat.
*You can also use a store-bought sponge cake.
If you prefer to make Deco Sponge Cake, watch this video!
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Simple and Yummy!!! I received many requests for this recipe. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfVBJ7YKiU Don't forget to top...
How do you like your Tamagoyaki?! Sweet or Savory?! I used to love savory one but now I like both. hehe Both flavors can be a great side d...
This video will show you how to make churros with chewy middles and crispy outsides! Este video le mostrará cómo hacer churros. http://...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...
You can make the most cutest baby penguin-shaped rice balls using this Mold Set!!! I think it is available overseas, too. https://www.you...
Very light and tasty. Addictive omelette indeed :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmprA9VjP8 Serve the omelette as soon as possible o...