Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo.
I never thought of making this at home, but I tried it for my viewers :)
Pureed banana custard cream was smooth and delicious.
Please try it out!!!
Number of servings: 8 (cream is for 16 or more)
9-inch square brownie pan
((Banana Custard Cream))
Net 100g (3.5oz.) banana
* 1 egg
* 1 tbsp. corn starch
* 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
* 150ml milk
a few drops of vanilla extract
((Banana Custard Cream))
1. In a bowl, mash banana with a fork.
2. Add A and mix well.
3. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a saucepan.
4. Put on low, stir constantly, and stop the heat when the cream starts to thicken. Mix well with the remaining heat. If you like, add a few drops of vanilla extract. Leave to cool completely.
5. Transfer the cream into a pastry bag OR into a dish covered tightly with plastic wrap (make sure the cream sticks to the plastic wrap to keep from drying out). Chill in the fridge.
1. Cut the sponge cake into 4 squares. Then cut them into thin (0.2 inch) slices.
2. Place the cake on plastic wrap (with the brown side up), pipe out the Banana Custard Cream, roll, and securely twist the ends like a candy.
*It tastes good if you chill them in the fridge before you eat.
*You can also use a store-bought sponge cake.
If you prefer to make Deco Sponge Cake, watch this video!
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
This idea is perfect for Bento lunch box and parties ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOs4fLpwQnI Use a knife to cut a zigzag through...