When I made the Basic Curry Rice, some people asked me for the vegetarian version, so I decided to make this video. The product I used contains no animal product but it tastes quite similar to the regular ones =) My darling and I are not vegetarian but we enjoyed it a lot!!!
This curry uses well-selected spices. Not hot but mild and tasty.
I bought this curry roux at an organic supermarket called "Kodawariya (こだわりや)". I hope you can get it when you come to Japan or when you find it somewhere else.
Vegetarian Curry Rice
Number of servings: 4
1/2 bag (80g=2.8oz.) vegetarian curry roux
1 small (150g=5.3oz.) onion
1 medium (150g=5.3oz.) potato
1/2 (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
1 tbsp. cooking oil
4 servings of cooked rice
1. Cut onion, potato, and carrot into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat cooking oil in a large stew pot. Add the cut vegetables and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
3. Add 300ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, then turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix vegetarian curry roux and 200ml water.
5. Turn off the heat, add the curry roux mixture into the pot, and mix well. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it thickens very quickly.
6. Then put on low and simmer for a little while.
7 Serve curry on a hot bed of rice.
*if you have leftover curry roux, store it in the fridge and use within a week.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥