Agedashi Tofu or Agedashi Dofu is a very popular traditional Japanese appetizer dish.
"Age" means "deep fried" and "Dashi" means "broth". Thus: deep fried Tofu steeped in Dashi-based sauce.
I think most Japanese restaurants overseas have it on their menu, and it is the most ordered dish than in Japan! hehe
Agedashi Tofu (Deep Fried Tofu with Dashi Based Sauce)
Number of servings: 2-3
1 (350g=12.5oz) Momen-Dōfu (cotton Tofu / firm Tofu)
Katakuriko (potato starch) *corn starch or regular flour is ok
vegetable oil for deep frying
* 150ml Dashi broth (you can use Dashi powder to make it)
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 3 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish)
* grated ginger
* chopped green onion
1. Cut Tofu into 6 pieces. Drain on a strainer for 5 minutes. Then you can also remove excess water with paper towel if necessary.
2. Heat the vegetable oil for deep frying to 170-180C (340-350F).
3. Coat Tofu with Katakuriko (potato starch). Drop into the oil immediately after coating. Deep fry until puffed and lightly golden (about 2 min). Then drain well.
4. Bring Dashi Sauce to a boil.
5. Place the Tofu in a serving bowl, garnish with some toppings of your choice: Daikon Oroshi, chopped green onion, and grated ginger, then pour the Dashi Sauce over it.
You can of course use "Kinugoshidofu (silken Tofu)" but remember it is very soft and fragile.
How to Store / Reuse / Dispose of Deep Frying Oil
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, January 24, 2014
How to Make Agedashi Tofu (Deep Fried Tofu with Dashi Based Sauce) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...