Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn) is Japanese-invented Western-style deep fried dish, such as Tonkatsu.
It is a very popular deep fried main dish in Japan as well as Japanese restaurants worldwide.
Perfect for Bento box as well :)
Ebi Furai (Deep Fried Prawn)
Number of servings: 6 pieces
6 large black tiger prawn
salt and cracked black pepper
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
Bull-Dog Tonkatsu sauce if preferred
shredded cabbage and tomatoes
* 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
* 2 tbsp. minced onion
* 1 chopped dill pickles
* 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
* salt and pepper
1. Wash, peel (leave the tails) and devein the prawn. Make 4-5 incisions (about 1/3 depth) in their stomach side to straighten them. Then cut off the tip of the tail and remove the water inside to avoid splatters when frying.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Flour the prawn lightly, dip in beaten egg, then coat with Panko. Use one hand for coating flour and Panko, and use the other to dip in egg to keep one of your hands dry.
3. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F) for 2-3 min until cooked golden brown. Remove them from the oil and drain.
4. Serve on plate with shredded cabbage and tomatoes. Eat with lemon juice, tartar sauce and/or Tonkatsu sauce. Anyway you like ;D
the batter is enough to make more than 6! 8 or 10 is good :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...