Nabe (hot pot) with Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish) is called Mizore Nabe (みぞれ鍋). You can of course make this Nabe without it (Olaf is optional). hehe
Olaf Mille-Feuille Nabe (Hot Pot)
Number of servings: 4
1/2 (1000g=2.2lb.) Napa Cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
300g (10.6oz.) thinly sliced pork rib *any portion is okay
300ml Dashi broth (kelp or bonito) *you can use Dashi powder to make it
Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish)
Oshaburi Kombu (chewing Kombu kelp snack)
Ponzu Sauce (citrus-flavored soy sauce: you can mix 1:1 soy sauce and lemon juice to make it)
1. Separate the leaves of the Napa cabbage, then wash and drain well.
2. Place the cabbage leaf and sliced pork alternately (make about 4 layers). Then cut in 5cm (2-inch) wide.
3. Tightly place them from the edge of the pot.
4. Drain grated Daikon radish very well. Then build a snowman (Olaf). Cut out Nori sheet, sliced cheese, and carrot to make his face parts, then attach them. Cut Oshaburi Kombu (chewing Kombu kelp snack) to make his hair and arms, then attach them.
5. Put Dashi broth in the pot. Then place Olaf (grated Daikon radish). Heat the pot until cooked (you can cover to cook faster).
6. Dip in Ponzu Sauce to eat.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...