Nabe (hot pot) with Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish) is called Mizore Nabe (みぞれ鍋). You can of course make this Nabe without it (Olaf is optional). hehe
Olaf Mille-Feuille Nabe (Hot Pot)
Number of servings: 4
1/2 (1000g=2.2lb.) Napa Cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
300g (10.6oz.) thinly sliced pork rib *any portion is okay
300ml Dashi broth (kelp or bonito) *you can use Dashi powder to make it
Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish)
Oshaburi Kombu (chewing Kombu kelp snack)
Ponzu Sauce (citrus-flavored soy sauce: you can mix 1:1 soy sauce and lemon juice to make it)
1. Separate the leaves of the Napa cabbage, then wash and drain well.
2. Place the cabbage leaf and sliced pork alternately (make about 4 layers). Then cut in 5cm (2-inch) wide.
3. Tightly place them from the edge of the pot.
4. Drain grated Daikon radish very well. Then build a snowman (Olaf). Cut out Nori sheet, sliced cheese, and carrot to make his face parts, then attach them. Cut Oshaburi Kombu (chewing Kombu kelp snack) to make his hair and arms, then attach them.
5. Put Dashi broth in the pot. Then place Olaf (grated Daikon radish). Heat the pot until cooked (you can cover to cook faster).
6. Dip in Ponzu Sauce to eat.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...