This recipe is for those who cannot get curry roux (curry sauce mix) but want to make Japanese Kare Raisu (Curry and Rice) at home.
Also it is way healthier than using the roux since I didn't use any greasy fat ingredient!!!
Vegetarian people can skip the meat ;)
Japanese Curry Rice From Scratch
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) lean pork
* salt and pepper
* 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
2 potatoes (300g=10.6oz.)
1/2 carrot (150g=5.3oz.)
1 onion (200g=7oz.)
consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 600ml soup
* 1 clove chopped garlic
* 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
* 50ml red wine (you have no choice but skip it if you can't consume it)
* 1 tbsp. curry powder
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 potato (150g=5.3oz.)
salt and pepper
1. Cut pork into bite-size pieces, then season with A.
2. Cut 2 (300g=10.6oz.) potato and carrot into bite-size pieces. Cut onion into wedges.
3. Place water and consomme cube (crushed) in a pot. Put on the heat, when the consomme cube has dissolved, add B and mix well. Then add the vegetables (2.) and bring to a boil.
4. Add the pork, remove the foam if necessary, add C, then cover and cook on medium for about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, grate 1 (150g=5.3oz.) potato.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the grated potato (5.) and cook until the soup thickens.
7. Serve the curry on a hot bed of rice.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, June 6, 2014
How to Make Japanese Curry Rice From Scratch - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...