This recipe is for those who cannot get curry roux (curry sauce mix) but want to make Japanese Kare Raisu (Curry and Rice) at home.
Also it is way healthier than using the roux since I didn't use any greasy fat ingredient!!!
Vegetarian people can skip the meat ;)
Japanese Curry Rice From Scratch
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) lean pork
* salt and pepper
* 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
2 potatoes (300g=10.6oz.)
1/2 carrot (150g=5.3oz.)
1 onion (200g=7oz.)
consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 600ml soup
* 1 clove chopped garlic
* 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
* 50ml red wine (you have no choice but skip it if you can't consume it)
* 1 tbsp. curry powder
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 potato (150g=5.3oz.)
salt and pepper
1. Cut pork into bite-size pieces, then season with A.
2. Cut 2 (300g=10.6oz.) potato and carrot into bite-size pieces. Cut onion into wedges.
3. Place water and consomme cube (crushed) in a pot. Put on the heat, when the consomme cube has dissolved, add B and mix well. Then add the vegetables (2.) and bring to a boil.
4. Add the pork, remove the foam if necessary, add C, then cover and cook on medium for about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, grate 1 (150g=5.3oz.) potato.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the grated potato (5.) and cook until the soup thickens.
7. Serve the curry on a hot bed of rice.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, June 6, 2014
How to Make Japanese Curry Rice From Scratch - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...