This is a typical & basic Japanese potato salad. I received many requests from my viewers, so I finally made it.
Neatly preparing each ingredient is the key to make delicious potato salad. Take time and enjoy!!!
Japanese Potato Salad
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) potato
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
50g (1.8oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) cucumber
2 cooked sliced ham
1/2 cup whole kernel corn (canned)
1/2 tbsp. vinegar (rice or cereal)
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
salt and pepper
1. Slice the onion, sprinkle with a bit of salt, then leave for 2~3 minutes until tender. Wash and drain well with paper towel. *in this way you can remove the bitter taste and unwanted smell of the onion.
2. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds (you can use a vegetable slicer if you have). Sprinkle with a bit of salt. When they become tender, drain well with paper towel. *removing extra water from cucumber will help not make the salad soggy.
3. Cut sliced ham into 1/2inch (1cm) square pieces.
4. Slice the potato into 1/2inch (1cm) half rounds. Place them in a pot, lightly wash (to remove extra starch), add water until covered, add 1/2 tsp. salt, then put on the heat. When it becomes to a boil, turn down to medium and cook for about 12 minutes. Check with a skewer, when they are done, drain well, transfer into a bowl and mash them with a fork while they are hot. Season with 1/2 tbsp. vinegar, salt and pepper. *these seasonings will make the potato tasty.
5. Slice the carrot into 0.1inch (3mm) quarter rounds. Cook in a boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain well.
6. When the potato and carrot are cool enough, combine all the ingredients together in one bowl, then season with 4 tbsp. mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...