This is a typical & basic Japanese potato salad. I received many requests from my viewers, so I finally made it.
Neatly preparing each ingredient is the key to make delicious potato salad. Take time and enjoy!!!
Japanese Potato Salad
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) potato
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
50g (1.8oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) cucumber
2 cooked sliced ham
1/2 cup whole kernel corn (canned)
1/2 tbsp. vinegar (rice or cereal)
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
salt and pepper
1. Slice the onion, sprinkle with a bit of salt, then leave for 2~3 minutes until tender. Wash and drain well with paper towel. *in this way you can remove the bitter taste and unwanted smell of the onion.
2. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds (you can use a vegetable slicer if you have). Sprinkle with a bit of salt. When they become tender, drain well with paper towel. *removing extra water from cucumber will help not make the salad soggy.
3. Cut sliced ham into 1/2inch (1cm) square pieces.
4. Slice the potato into 1/2inch (1cm) half rounds. Place them in a pot, lightly wash (to remove extra starch), add water until covered, add 1/2 tsp. salt, then put on the heat. When it becomes to a boil, turn down to medium and cook for about 12 minutes. Check with a skewer, when they are done, drain well, transfer into a bowl and mash them with a fork while they are hot. Season with 1/2 tbsp. vinegar, salt and pepper. *these seasonings will make the potato tasty.
5. Slice the carrot into 0.1inch (3mm) quarter rounds. Cook in a boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain well.
6. When the potato and carrot are cool enough, combine all the ingredients together in one bowl, then season with 4 tbsp. mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...