This is a very simple way to make Japanese cream stew from scratch. Using organic ingredients will make it very healthy!
Vegetarian people can skip the meat ;)
It may slightly separate if you use pure soy milk, so use the processed one if you want a smoother texture!
Organic Soy Milk Cream Stew
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) chicken breast w/o skin
1/2 (150g=5.3oz.) carrot
1 (200g=7oz.) onion
1~2 (300g=10.6oz.) potato
consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 300ml soup
1 bay leaf
200ml soy milk or milk
1 tbsp. potato or corn starch & 1 tbsp. water
salt and pepper
parsley flakes *if you like
1. Remove the skin, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut potato and carrot into bite-size pieces. Cut onion into wedges.
3. Place water, consomme cube (crushed), and bay leaf in a pot. Put on the heat, when the consomme cube has dissolved, add the vegetables (2.), cover, and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
4. When the vegetables are cooked, add the chicken, cover, and cook on medium for another 5 minutes. *remove the foam if necessary
5. Add soy milk and cook until warm. Season with salt and pepper. Then stop the heat, mix in potato or corn starch mixed with water, then heat until the soup thickens.
6. Serve in a dish and sprinkle with parsley flakes if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...