Salted Preserved Lemons are the lemons that have been pickled in salt for about a week or more.
They are common in Indian and North African (Moroccan) cuisine. It is much talked about in Japan on TV and magazines recently, so I am sharing this idea :)
The flavor is mildly sour, and of course very salty. Thus, the juice and the peels can be used as a salt seasoning (substitute). However, peels are intensively salty, so I personally don't recommend using it. hehe
These are some good effects that you can expect from Salted Preserved Lemons:
- cut down salt intake (prevents swelling)
- citric acid will help carbohydrate metabolism (beauty effect)
- rich in Vitamin C (beauty effect)
Salted Preserved Lemons
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of Servings: 500ml glass jar
500ml glass jar
300g (10oz.) organic lemons
30g (1oz.) salt (10% of lemon)
1. Pour some hot water in a glass jar to disinfect it. Empty the jar and dry it out. It will dry quickly with residual heat.
2. Wash the lemons, dry them with paper towels, cut off and discard the end pieces, cut into wedges, then remove the seeds.
3. Put salt and lemon wedges alternately in the jar. Close the lid securely.
4. Keep it in the fridge for a week. Shake the jar once a day.
* You can keep it in the fridge up to 3 months.
6 Ways to Use Salted Preserved Lemons
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...