Macaroni Gratin is a very popular home cooked dish in Japan.
What is good about making it at home is you can make it healthier :3
This recipe is not only healthy but easy and delicious!!! My darling asked me to make it again. Definitely I will!!! haha
NO BAKE Macaroni Gratin
Number of servings: 2 (as a main dish)
250g (8.8oz.) chicken breast *or shrimp/seafood mix if you like
200g (7oz.) potato
100g (3.5oz.) onion
100g (3.5oz.) macaroni *9min cooking time (or more minutes is ok, too)
1 consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 300ml soup
200ml soy milk
2 tbsp. melted butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
salt and pepper
50g (1.8oz.) pizza cheese
20g (0.7oz.) grated parmesan cheese
1. Toast the grated parmesan cheese in a frying pan until golden brown and set aside.
2. Remove the skin from the chicken if desired. Then cut into small bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Slice the potato into 5mm (0.2 inch) half rounds. Slice the onion.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and stir-fry (2.) until coated with oil.
4. Add macaroni, water, and consomme cube, then cook on medium for 3 minutes.
5. Add soy milk, when it becomes to a boil, stop the heat. Mix melted butter and flour in a small dish. Add them into the frying pan. Then put on low and simmer until the sauce thickens.
6. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with pizza cheese, cover, and cook on low for about 5 minutes.
7. Taste the macaroni, when it is done, stop the heat, then sprinkle with the toasted parmesan cheese (1.) and parsley flakes to finish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Simple and Yummy!!! I received many requests for this recipe. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfVBJ7YKiU Don't forget to top...
How do you like your Tamagoyaki?! Sweet or Savory?! I used to love savory one but now I like both. hehe Both flavors can be a great side d...
This video will show you how to make churros with chewy middles and crispy outsides! Este video le mostrará cómo hacer churros. http://...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...
You can make the most cutest baby penguin-shaped rice balls using this Mold Set!!! I think it is available overseas, too. https://www.you...
Very light and tasty. Addictive omelette indeed :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmprA9VjP8 Serve the omelette as soon as possible o...