This is a perfect substitute for those who want to enjoy the eel bowl :)
Eggplants look just like eels! Juicy and tender eggplants go great with white rice!!!
BTW, my mom's eggplant dish I mentioned in this video is here:
MOCK Eel Bowl / Unadon
Number of servings: 1
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. Sake
1 bowl of rice
Kizaminori (finely shredded Nori seaweed sheet)
Sansho Japanese pepper if you like
1. Make a few holes in the eggplants so that they won't explode. Make an incision around the stem end.
2. Place them directly on a stove on a baking rack if you have (or in a frying pan, grill, oven, or toaster oven), then roast until the skins get wrinkly and tender inside. You can also wrap in plastic wrap and microwave at 600w for 2 minutes.
3. Cool until you can handle them, then remove the skins. Make an incision lengthwise and open.
4. Heat the eel sauce in a frying pan until it begins to bubble. Place the eggplants and cook until the liquid is gone.
5. Serve cooked rice in a rice bowl, layer some Kizaminori (finely shredded Nori seaweed sheet), place the eggplants, then sprinkle with Sansho Japanese pepper if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
How to Make MOCK Eel Bowl / Unadon (Vegetarian Unagi no Kabayaki Rice Bowl Idea) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Zeppole (zeppoli) is a fried choux pastry traditionally eaten on March 19th, which is St. Joseph Day (la festa di San Giuseppe), also father...
Katsu Sando is Cutlet Sandwich. It is perfect for Bento (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmkdRm8...
Did you know you can make pancakes with just 2 ingredients?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNa4M-FtqY I think it is pretty popular r...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Almost too cute to eat :3 Adorable hugging cookies made with Sakura. Perfect for Spring season!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berHW3...
Very easy, light, and delicious :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AuUr_9oI3Q I prefer to make in this way than adding eggs. It is tas...
One batter which magically divides into three layers, three different textures: a fudge base, gâteau au chocolat center, and sponge top! ...
Pocky is a very popular treat produced by the Ezaki Glico Company of Japan! It is one of the sweets that kids want to make from scratch ;) ...