This is a perfect substitute for those who want to enjoy the eel bowl :)
Eggplants look just like eels! Juicy and tender eggplants go great with white rice!!!
BTW, my mom's eggplant dish I mentioned in this video is here:
MOCK Eel Bowl / Unadon
Number of servings: 1
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. Sake
1 bowl of rice
Kizaminori (finely shredded Nori seaweed sheet)
Sansho Japanese pepper if you like
1. Make a few holes in the eggplants so that they won't explode. Make an incision around the stem end.
2. Place them directly on a stove on a baking rack if you have (or in a frying pan, grill, oven, or toaster oven), then roast until the skins get wrinkly and tender inside. You can also wrap in plastic wrap and microwave at 600w for 2 minutes.
3. Cool until you can handle them, then remove the skins. Make an incision lengthwise and open.
4. Heat the eel sauce in a frying pan until it begins to bubble. Place the eggplants and cook until the liquid is gone.
5. Serve cooked rice in a rice bowl, layer some Kizaminori (finely shredded Nori seaweed sheet), place the eggplants, then sprinkle with Sansho Japanese pepper if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
How to Make MOCK Eel Bowl / Unadon (Vegetarian Unagi no Kabayaki Rice Bowl Idea) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
This video will show you how to make churros with chewy middles and crispy outsides! Este video le mostrará cómo hacer churros. http://...