Matsutake Clear Soup is very simple and aromatic. You can even enjoy a small piece of Matsutake :)
Matsutake is also called pine mushroom. It is usually found at the foot of pine tree, very expensive mushroom because of its rarity. Price varies depending on the area of production.
Recently, my mom said worm-eaten ones sold at discounted prices are really good and affordable, so I tried them out. Yes! They are truly great. They are worth to try!!!
BTW, I usually get Matsutake at Takashimaya (高島屋) department store in Futakotamagawa (二子玉川) ;)
Matsutake Clear Soup
Number of servings: 2
1 small Matsutake mushroom
Mochifu or Tofu
Mitsuba (Japanese wild parsley)
* 400ml water
* 10cm/4inch-square Kombu (kelp)
* 1 tbsp. Sake
* 1/2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce (use light soy sauce if you have)
* 1/3 tsp. salt
1. Clean Kombu with moistened towel. Soak in 400ml water for 30 minutes.
2. Clean Matsutake mushroom with moistened towel if necessary, shave the hard part of the stem if necessary, then slice.
3. Lightly hit the Mitsuba stem with the back of the knife to bring out the flavor. Then tie the stem into a knot.
4. Slice Mochifu or dice Tofu.
5. Put Kombu Dashi in the pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to medium and season with B. Add Mochifu and Matsutake, then simmer for 3 minutes. Add Mitsuba, stop the heat, and serve.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...