Matsutake Gohan is a very simple rice dish to enjoy the flavor of Matsutake mushrooms!
Matsutake is also called pine mushroom. It is usually found at the foot of pine tree, very expensive mushroom because of its rarity. Price varies depending on the area of production.
Recently, my mom said worm-eaten ones sold at discounted prices are really good and affordable, so I tried them out. Yes! They are truly great. They are worth to try!!!
BTW, I usually get Matsutake at Takashimaya (高島屋) department store in Futakotamagawa (二子玉川) ;)
Matsutake Gohan (Pine Mushroom Rice)
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of servings: 4
2 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
100g (3.5oz.) Matsutake mushrooms
* 1 tsp. Sake
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* 400ml water
* 10cm/4inch-square Kombu (kelp)
* 1 tbsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Wash rice and leave for about 30 minutes. If you are using pre-washed rice (musenmai) you don't have to wash it.
2. Clean each Kombu with moistened towel. Soak in 400ml water for 30 minutes.
3. Clean each Matsutake mushrooms with moistened towel if necessary, shave the hard part of the stems if necessary, slice and season with A.
4. Place the rice and C in a pot, add Kombu Dashi (2) to the appropriate level indicated in the pot. Then place the seasoned Matsutake (3) on top of the rice.
5. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
6. When it's done, toss the rice lightly using a rice paddle, then serve.
You can garnish with chopped Mitsuba (Japanese wild parsley) if you like.
I cooked the Matsutake in the rice cooker, but you can also grill it then mix in the cooked rice later. It is up to you~
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...