Matsutake Gohan is a very simple rice dish to enjoy the flavor of Matsutake mushrooms!
Matsutake is also called pine mushroom. It is usually found at the foot of pine tree, very expensive mushroom because of its rarity. Price varies depending on the area of production.
Recently, my mom said worm-eaten ones sold at discounted prices are really good and affordable, so I tried them out. Yes! They are truly great. They are worth to try!!!
BTW, I usually get Matsutake at Takashimaya (高島屋) department store in Futakotamagawa (二子玉川) ;)
Matsutake Gohan (Pine Mushroom Rice)
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of servings: 4
2 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
100g (3.5oz.) Matsutake mushrooms
* 1 tsp. Sake
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* 400ml water
* 10cm/4inch-square Kombu (kelp)
* 1 tbsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Wash rice and leave for about 30 minutes. If you are using pre-washed rice (musenmai) you don't have to wash it.
2. Clean each Kombu with moistened towel. Soak in 400ml water for 30 minutes.
3. Clean each Matsutake mushrooms with moistened towel if necessary, shave the hard part of the stems if necessary, slice and season with A.
4. Place the rice and C in a pot, add Kombu Dashi (2) to the appropriate level indicated in the pot. Then place the seasoned Matsutake (3) on top of the rice.
5. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
6. When it's done, toss the rice lightly using a rice paddle, then serve.
You can garnish with chopped Mitsuba (Japanese wild parsley) if you like.
I cooked the Matsutake in the rice cooker, but you can also grill it then mix in the cooked rice later. It is up to you~
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...