I won this "Cookper Microwave Karaage Tray" at the sweepstakes, so I tried it out :)
Wavy tray catches excess oil, so the Karaage will turn out crisp.
The silicon paper will avoid Karaage from sticking.
I hope you can find it online or at a Japanese grocery store~ OR please get it when you come to Japan :)
Cookper Microwave Karaage Tray (クックパー レンジでから揚げトレー 6回分)
Microwave Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of servings: 8 pieces
250g (8.8oz.) chicken thigh or breast (w/o skin)
* 1.5 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tsp. Sake
* 1 tsp. grated ginger
2 tbsp. Katakuriko (potato starch) or flour
2 tsp. cooking oil
1. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces. Season with A and marinate for 15 minutes. *This process will make the chicken tender.
2. Put Katakuriko (potato starch) or flour in a plastic bag. Remove excess seasonings from the chicken using paper towel (to make it crisp), then add into the plastic bag. Shake and coat the chicken with the starch.
3. Discard excess starch if any, add cooking oil, then coat until no longer powdery.
4. Place the wavy sheet on the tray and place the chicken pieces.
5. Place the tray on a microwavable dish. Microwave at 500w for 6 minutes (or 600w for 5 minutes).
- Cookper Microwave Karaage Tray comes with 6 wavy silicon sheets. Each sheet is one-time use.
- You can enjoy your favorite flavor by changing the seasonings!!!
- You can also use this product to reheat deep-fried food.
Deep-fried versions here:
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥