I found the recipe on the net and thought it is an easy and perfect side dish for Bento box :)
Perfect for Japanese New Year's food, too!
Leftover carrot scraps can be used for NO MEAT Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce!
Flower Pork Teriyaki Rolls
Number of servings: 8 pieces
8 thinly sliced pork loin
8 1.3inch-long carrots
* 2 tsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
corn or potato starch
1 tsp. cooking oil
1. Use a small (2cm=0.8inch) flower-shaped cookie cutter and cut out the carrots. In a boiling water, cook the carrots for 10 minutes, drain well, and cool.
2. Place pork slices, season with a bit of salt, place the cooked carrot on the end of the pork, then start rolling.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, place the rolls seam side down, you can cover and steam to cook them through for a couple of minutes, then make sure to flip the rolls so that all sides are cooked equally crisp and brown.
4. Add and coat with A, sprinkle with a few pinches of corn or potato starch, and stop the heat when the sauce thickens.
5. When they are cool enough to handle, cut one side to let show the beautiful flower shape. *You can eat the scraps to see how they taste ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
How to Make Flower Pork Teriyaki Rolls - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...