Omurice is a very popular home cooked meal in Japan.
It is a chicken fried rice wrapped with a thin sheet of crepe-like fried egg.
Many people, especially kids and guys like it ;)
Perfect dish for bento box, too!
Omurice (Japanese Omelet Rice)
Number of servings: 4
600g (1.3lb.) warm cooked rice
200g (7oz.) chicken breast without skin
200g (7oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) canned sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper
cooked broccoli *if you like
1. Dice the chicken and chop the onion.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of cooking oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the diced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Then add sliced mushrooms and 8 tbsp. of ketchup.
3. Add warm cooked rice, when they are evenly coated with ketchup, season with salt and pepper, then divide it into 4 portions. *you can wrap the leftover rice with plastic wrap and keep in the freezer for about a week or more.
4. Beat 2 eggs (1 serving) in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
5. In a clean frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp. of cooking oil, spread the egg mixture and make a round omelette. Before the egg is fully cooked, place the seasoned rice in the middle. Fold both both sides of the egg, then shape it using the edge of the pan. Carefully flip it over onto a plate. *You can use a paper towel to shape it nicely.
6. Put some ketchup on top, and serve with cooked broccoli if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...