This video will show you how to make Vegetable Yaki Gyoza (fried dumplings)!
Very healthy idea, perfect for vegetarians and those who are on diet ;)
Number of servings: 24 pieces
200g (7oz.) cabbage
100g (3.5oz.) onion
80g (2.8oz.) carrot
1/2 long onion
1 tbsp. potato or corn starch
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. sake
* 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce (or vegetarian stir-fry sauce)
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* cracked black pepper
24 gyoza wrappers
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1. Wrap the cabbage with plastic wrap and microwave at 500W for 3 minutes until tender. Finely chop the cabbage then squeeze in paper towels to remove excess water.
2. Finely chop the onion, sprinkle with a bit of salt, then wash and drain well with paper towels. *in this way you can remove the bitter taste and bring up the sweetness of the onion.
3. Finely chop the carrot and the long onion.
4. Mix 1-3 in a bowl, then mix in starch to let it absorb the water.
5. Add A and mix well.
6. Place the gyoza wrapper in your palm and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Put water along the edge of the wrapper by fingers, fold into semi circle, gather the front side of the wrapper and seal.
7. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, place gyoza, cook on high heat until the bottoms become brown.
8. Turn the heat down to medium, add 50ml water (or about 1/3 of their hight), cover and steam the gyoza on med-high heat until cooked. Uncover and cook on high heat until the water is gone and crisp.
This Gyoza is already seasoned but you can serve them with a mixture of vinegar, a little soy sauce, and a few drops of la-yu if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
How to Make Vegetable Gyoza (Vegetarian Fried Dumplings) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...