Healthy well balanced Clam Chowder using lots of vegetables, rich in vitamins, iron, and calcium.
I learned this recipe at the Maternity cooking class held by the city I live in. Since I don't like milk, I used soy milk instead.
Recipes for moms are always good for whole family ;)
FYI: Nov. 8th 2014 Maternity Cooking マタニティ クッキング
Healthy Homemade Clam Chowder
Number of servings: 4
Calories per serving: 135Kcal
130g (4.6oz.) canned shelled Asari clams in water
100g (3.5oz.) chopped onion
80g (2.8oz.) Komatsuna (Japanese spinach)
40g (1.4oz.) chopped bacon slices
100g (3.5oz.) potato
2 tbsp. flour
150ml soy milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Sake *water is okay
300ml = water + the liquid from the canned Asari
1 tsp. butter
cracked black pepper
*You don't have to parboil Komatsuna (Japanese spinach) because it doesn't contain that much oxalic acid content compared to the regular spinach. If you are using the regular spinach, please parboil it!
1. Chop Komatsuna and separate stalks and leaves. Dice potato and soak in water (to prevent from changing color & remove starch).
2. Heat butter in a pot and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the chopped bacon and cook until done. Then add the Komatsuna stalks and chopped potatoes, and cook until coated with oil.
3. Add Sake, cover, and steam until the potatoes are cooked.
4. Add flour and mix until blended.
5. Add water + the liquid from the canned Asari, then bring to a boil. Add Asari and Komatsuna leaves. When it becomes to a boil, remove the foam.
6. Mix in salt, pepper, and soy milk. Cook until hot and serve in a dish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...