Healthy well balanced Clam Chowder using lots of vegetables, rich in vitamins, iron, and calcium.
I learned this recipe at the Maternity cooking class held by the city I live in. Since I don't like milk, I used soy milk instead.
Recipes for moms are always good for whole family ;)
FYI: Nov. 8th 2014 Maternity Cooking マタニティ クッキング
Healthy Homemade Clam Chowder
Number of servings: 4
Calories per serving: 135Kcal
130g (4.6oz.) canned shelled Asari clams in water
100g (3.5oz.) chopped onion
80g (2.8oz.) Komatsuna (Japanese spinach)
40g (1.4oz.) chopped bacon slices
100g (3.5oz.) potato
2 tbsp. flour
150ml soy milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Sake *water is okay
300ml = water + the liquid from the canned Asari
1 tsp. butter
cracked black pepper
*You don't have to parboil Komatsuna (Japanese spinach) because it doesn't contain that much oxalic acid content compared to the regular spinach. If you are using the regular spinach, please parboil it!
1. Chop Komatsuna and separate stalks and leaves. Dice potato and soak in water (to prevent from changing color & remove starch).
2. Heat butter in a pot and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the chopped bacon and cook until done. Then add the Komatsuna stalks and chopped potatoes, and cook until coated with oil.
3. Add Sake, cover, and steam until the potatoes are cooked.
4. Add flour and mix until blended.
5. Add water + the liquid from the canned Asari, then bring to a boil. Add Asari and Komatsuna leaves. When it becomes to a boil, remove the foam.
6. Mix in salt, pepper, and soy milk. Cook until hot and serve in a dish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...