Healthy and addictive hamburger steak using NO MEAT, only Tofu :D
Believe it or not, it is not at all soggy but very filling!!!
I love to eat it with Mizkan's Ajipon, but regular Ponzu sauce or any dressing of your choice is okay ;)
Tofu Hamburger Steak
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 8 pieces
* 400g (14oz.) cotton Tofu
* 20g Fu (Japanese dried wheat gluten) or Panko (bread crumbs)
* 4 scallions (about 40g)
* 4 tsp. toasted white sesame seeds
* 1 tbsp. corn or potato starch
2 tsp. sesame oil
8 thinly sliced Shiso leaves
Mizkan's Ajipon, regular Ponzu sauce, or dressing of your choice
1. Drain Tofu in a strainer. Put Fu (Japanese dried wheat gluten) in a plastic bag and crush them into crumbs with your fingers. Chop scallions.
2. Put A in a bowl and knead well by hand until smooth. Divide it into 8, take one piece, remove the air by passing from one hand to the other, then form it into flat round shape. Repeat the steps and make the rest,
3. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and cook both sides until golden brown. * ingredients can be eaten raw, so you don't have to worry if it is cooked thoroughly or not.
4. Serve on a dish, put some sliced Shiso leaves on top, then garnish with some grape tomatoes. Eat with Mizkan's Ajipon, regular Ponzu sauce, or dressing of your choice.
FYI: Ponzu sauce from scratch: 2 tsp. lemon juice + 4 tsp. soy sauce
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, July 24, 2015
THE BEST VEGAN Tofu Hamburger Steak - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...