Healthy and addictive hamburger steak using NO MEAT, only Tofu :D
Believe it or not, it is not at all soggy but very filling!!!
I love to eat it with Mizkan's Ajipon, but regular Ponzu sauce or any dressing of your choice is okay ;)
Tofu Hamburger Steak
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 8 pieces
* 400g (14oz.) cotton Tofu
* 20g Fu (Japanese dried wheat gluten) or Panko (bread crumbs)
* 4 scallions (about 40g)
* 4 tsp. toasted white sesame seeds
* 1 tbsp. corn or potato starch
2 tsp. sesame oil
8 thinly sliced Shiso leaves
Mizkan's Ajipon, regular Ponzu sauce, or dressing of your choice
1. Drain Tofu in a strainer. Put Fu (Japanese dried wheat gluten) in a plastic bag and crush them into crumbs with your fingers. Chop scallions.
2. Put A in a bowl and knead well by hand until smooth. Divide it into 8, take one piece, remove the air by passing from one hand to the other, then form it into flat round shape. Repeat the steps and make the rest,
3. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and cook both sides until golden brown. * ingredients can be eaten raw, so you don't have to worry if it is cooked thoroughly or not.
4. Serve on a dish, put some sliced Shiso leaves on top, then garnish with some grape tomatoes. Eat with Mizkan's Ajipon, regular Ponzu sauce, or dressing of your choice.
FYI: Ponzu sauce from scratch: 2 tsp. lemon juice + 4 tsp. soy sauce
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, July 24, 2015
THE BEST VEGAN Tofu Hamburger Steak - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...