This one dish contains carbohydrate, protein, and vegetables. Perfect well-balanced diet for pregnant and postpartum women.
Using mixed vegetables makes the dish even easy and colorful!!!
You can freeze it for an upcoming busy week ;)
EASY Chicken Pilaf
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of servings: 4
2 cups uncooked pre-washed Japanese rice
150g (5.3oz.) chicken thigh cut into chunks seasoned with salt and pepper
100g (3.5oz.) chopped onion
50g (1.8oz.) canned sliced mushrooms
150g (5.3oz.) mixed vegetables
1 tbsp. Sake
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. consomme powder (or bouillon powder)
1 tbsp. butter
cracked black pepper
1. If you are using pre-washed rice (Musenmai) you don't have to wash it. If you washed rice, allow the rice to drain in a strainer for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp. of butter in a fringe pan. Cook pre-washed rice until coated with butter. If you are using washed rice, cook for about 5 minutes to dry out water from the rice.
3. Place the rice in a pot, add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot, then add Sake, salt, and consomme powder, and mix well.
4. Heat another 1/2 tbsp. of butter in a frying pan and cook chopped onion until tender. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and mixed vegetables, then season with cracked black pepper.
5. Place 4. on top of the rice. *do not mix or the rice won't cook evenly.
6. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
7. When it's done, toss the rice lightly using a rice paddle. Then serve in a dish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...