Korean Artist "Kwon Ki-Soo (權奇秀)" invented the character Dongguri as Korea was experiencing economic depression. At that time, most people are unhappy so he invented the character that’s simple, and always happy with big smile. Kwon Ki-Soo is now a very famous artist among Christie’s and Sotheby collector.
I was asked to make Dongguri bento box for the Very Fun Park’s 10th Anniversary. Since it is a meaningful exhibition, I decide to participate as an artist with my creative bento.
In this video, I will show you how to make Nori Art character bento box. You can apply this technique to make any other characters you like. Great thing about this technique is you can cut Nori the night before! So you don't have to get up early to make this Bento :)
Dongguri Bento 超可愛Dongguri 便當
Number of servings: 1
your favorite image of Dongguri Dongguri圖片
parchment paper 烘培紙
card board or cutting board 砧板
design knife 小刀
brow scissors (small scissors) 小剪刀
cooked rice 白飯
rice seasoning (if you like) 白飯調味料
Nori seaweed sheet 海苔
sliced cheese 起士片
((Japanese Potato Salad)) 日式馬鈴薯沙拉
((NO EGG Marmalade Meatballs)) 果醬丸子
grape tomato 小番茄
1. Print out your favorite image of Dongguri. 印出可愛的Dongguri圖片
2. Wrap Nori seaweed sheet with parchment paper, then wrap with the image of the character. 用海苔片包住烘培紙上的圖案
3. On a card board or a cutting board, cut out the image with a design knife. You can fix the shape later with brow scissors, so you don't have to be perfect about the edges. Make sure you don't lose any of the parts you cut out. Place them on a sliced cheese and wrap securely with plastic wrap so that it won't dry out. You can keep it in the fridge till the next morning when you pack your bento box :) 用刀子和剪刀修剪出形狀
4. Mix your favorite rice seasoning into the rice. Leave to cool so that the cheese won't melt. 將白飯調味
5. Put lettuce and rice in the Bento box. Then place the Dongguri cheese on top of the rice. 放入生菜，再把Dongguri和起士放在飯上
6. Put side dishes in the bento box to finish. 把其他食材放入便當
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, August 14, 2015
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...