The orange color is perfect for Halloween ;)
Chicken Rice (also called Ketchup Rice) is a very popular rice dish used for Omurice (chicken fried rice wrapped with a thin sheet of egg). Many Japanese kids love it!!!
Omusubiyama (おむすび山) rice seasoning (Halloween pumpkin chicken rice flavor: limited edition) can be a very convenient substitute ;)
Chicken Rice (Ketchup Rice)
Number of servings: 12 rice balls
600g (1.3lb.) warm cooked rice
200g (7oz.) chicken breast without skin
200g (7oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) canned sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper
1. Dice the chicken and chop the onion.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of cooking oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the diced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Then add sliced mushrooms and 8 tbsp. of ketchup.
3. Add warm cooked rice, when they are evenly coated with ketchup, season with salt and pepper.
4. Wrap 80g (2.8oz.) of chicken rice in plastic wrap, form it into a ball shape, then tie it with a twist tie.
5. Cut a black tape or sticker to make face parts of Jack-o'-Lantern, then put them onto the plastic wrap.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...