You don't need to adjust the heat. 10 minutes on medium-high, 10 minutes steaming! Then you will get perfect steamed rice :) ENJOY!!!
Akomeya Tokyo is a premium rice shop in Ginza
How to Cook Steamed White Rice (Gohan) in AKOMEYA TOKYO Original Arita Ware Kuroyu (black glaze) Clay Pot
Difficulty: Super Easy
Time: 30min soaking time + 20 min
Number of servings: 4 (2 cups of rice)
2 rice cups (360ml) = 300g (10.6oz.) Japanese-style rice
1. Measure the rice with a measuring cup for rice and put it in a bowl.
2. Wash the rice with cold water. As for 2 cups, wash 4 or 5 times. Water does not have to be clear but somewhat clean. Then drain.
3. Place the rice in the pot and add water. Let the rice soak in the water at least 30 minutes.
4. Place the inner lid and upper lid, make sure the holes of both lids won't overlap and arranged to cross each other at right angle.
5. Set the pot on the gas stove and heat on medium high for 10 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and let it steam for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Toss the rice lightly with a rice paddle and serve.
AKOMEYA recommended cooking time:
1 cup of rice = 8 minutes
2 cups of rice = 10 minutes
3 cups of rice = 12 minutes
NOTE: The amount of water should be adjusted depending on how firm you like your rice and the condition of the rice itself. In particular, the moisture content of new rice is higher, so less water is needed.
* please wash and dry well after each use
* use only on gas stove
* do NOT use as a deep fryer
* do NOT heat without water in it
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Perfect Japanese White Rice in 20 MINUTES!!! AKOMEYA TOKYO Original Arita Ware Kuroyu Clay Pot 有田焼 黒釉 (くろゆう) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...