One batter which magically divides into three layers, three different textures: a fudge base, gâteau au chocolat center, and sponge top!
Of course you can arrange the flavor in the way you want. Matcha green tea may be beautiful =)
The recipe was originated in France and talked about in Japan this year 2015 ;)
Chocolate Magic Cake (3-Layer Cake from 1 Batter)
Number of servings: 15cm (6inch) square cake pan
60g (2.1oz.) granulated sugar
1 tbsp. water
60g (2.1oz.) butter
40g (1.4oz.) cake flour
20g (0.7oz.) cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
*to make plain magic cake you can eliminate cocoa powder and use 60g (2.1oz.) cake flour
1. Preheat the oven to 160C (320F).
2. Line the cake pan with parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave at 600W for 30 seconds.
4. Warm the milk (not hot).
5. Separate the eggs.
6. Place the egg yolks in a bowl. Add half of the sugar (30g) and water, then beat them with an electric mixer until white like mayonnaise.
7. Add butter little by little and mix well.
8. Sift in flour and cocoa powder, add salt, and mix well.
9. Add milk 1/2 at a time, then add vanilla extract and mix well.
10. In a different bowl, whip egg whites and the rest of the granulated sugar (30g) with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
11. Mix 9 and 10 together for 10 times with a whisk. DO NOT OVER-MIX. Pour the batter into the pan and even out the surface.
12. Bake at 160C (320F) for about 45~50 minutes.
13. Leave to cool completely, then cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
You can dust with powdered sugar and garnish with some fruits if you like :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, December 25, 2015
Chocolate Magic Cake (3-Layer Cake from 1 Batter) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Easy and refreshing salad idea :) Yukari (ゆかり) is a very popular Japanese red Shiso leaves (red perilla) rice seasoning. http://www.you...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...