Cute rice dish idea for Bento box or Parties!
Perfect for Valentine's Day and Ohanami (Sakura viewing) Bento ;)
I found canned Hamanako Broiled Eels at a supermarket and it also tasted great! You can maybe get it online since it has a long expiry date!
FYI: Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes it very tasty. It tastes great even when it is cold.
Heart-Shaped Umaki Maki-Zushi (Eel Rolled Omelette)
Number of servings: 8 pieces
18x13cm (7x5.1inch) Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan)
1 canned Unagi no Kabayaki (broiled eel on skewers is OK)
2 tsp. Yamaki Kappo Shiro Dashi (White Dashi)
300g (10.6oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp. Sushi vinegar*
2 Nori seaweed sheet
1. If necessary, cook the eel as directed on its package. (You don't have to cook the canned one)
2. Mix eggs and Yamaki Kappo Shiro Dashi very well.
3. Heat cooking oil in a Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelette pan), pour a thin layer of egg mixture in the pan and spread over the surface. Cook until half done, place a strip of eel, roll up the egg, and move it to one end. Pour in another thin layer of egg mixture and let it flow under the rolled egg also. Cook until half done and again roll up the egg. Repeat this until half the mixture is gone.
4. Wrap the rolled egg while warm in plastic wrap to even out the shape. Allow it to cool.
5. Cut the egg diagonally and join the cut sides reversely to make a heart shape. Wrap the egg with 1/2 Nori sheet, then wrap in plastic wrap and wait until the Nori gets soft. *it is to define the outline of the heart-shape.
6. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushi vinegar while the rice is hot and slice through rice using a rice paddle to separate the grains. Spread the Sushi rice on another 1/2 Nori sheet using your finger tips, little bit moistened with water.
7. Place an extra Sushi rice for the “v” shape indentation of the heart shape.
8. Place the egg then start rolling.
9. With a moistened knife (bread knife cuts well) cut the roll into 4 pieces (re-wet as needed. don't push but pull to cut).
Eat with soy sauce if you like.
* Ingredients to make Sushi vinegar from scratch.
1.5 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Zeppole (zeppoli) is a fried choux pastry traditionally eaten on March 19th, which is St. Joseph Day (la festa di San Giuseppe), also father...
Katsu Sando is Cutlet Sandwich. It is perfect for Bento (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmkdRm8...
Did you know you can make pancakes with just 2 ingredients?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNa4M-FtqY I think it is pretty popular r...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Almost too cute to eat :3 Adorable hugging cookies made with Sakura. Perfect for Spring season!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berHW3...
Very easy, light, and delicious :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AuUr_9oI3Q I prefer to make in this way than adding eggs. It is tas...
One batter which magically divides into three layers, three different textures: a fudge base, gâteau au chocolat center, and sponge top! ...
Pocky is a very popular treat produced by the Ezaki Glico Company of Japan! It is one of the sweets that kids want to make from scratch ;) ...