Low-carb gratin without macaroni ;)
The texture of Shimeji and Kamaboko is just like Macaroni!!!
Kamaboko (Fish Cake) Gratin
Time: 1 hr
Number of servings: 15×20cm (6×8inch) pie dish
150g (5.3oz.) Kamaboko (fish cake)
150g (5.3oz.) chicken thigh *or shrimp/seafood mix if you like
100g (3.5oz.) onion
200g (7.0oz.) Shimeji mushrooms
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
200ml soy milk
1/2 consomme cube (or powder)
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
1. Remove the skin from the chicken, cut into chunks, and season with salt and pepper. Slice the onion. Break Shimeji mushrooms into pieces. Thinly slice Kamaboko.
2. Heat butter in a pot then stir-fry the chicken, onions, and Shimeji until cooked.
3. Mix in flour.
4. Add water, soy milk, and consomme cube, then simmer until the sauce thickens.
5. Add Kamaboko and season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer to a pie dish, sprinkle with pizza cheese and parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in the oven at 250C (482F) / gas oven to 230C (446F) / or you can use a toaster oven, for about 10 minutes, just until golden brown on top.
FYI: Macaroni Gratin (マカロニグラタン)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, January 22, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...