Low-carb gratin without macaroni ;)
The texture of Shimeji and Kamaboko is just like Macaroni!!!
Kamaboko (Fish Cake) Gratin
Time: 1 hr
Number of servings: 15×20cm (6×8inch) pie dish
150g (5.3oz.) Kamaboko (fish cake)
150g (5.3oz.) chicken thigh *or shrimp/seafood mix if you like
100g (3.5oz.) onion
200g (7.0oz.) Shimeji mushrooms
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
200ml soy milk
1/2 consomme cube (or powder)
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
1. Remove the skin from the chicken, cut into chunks, and season with salt and pepper. Slice the onion. Break Shimeji mushrooms into pieces. Thinly slice Kamaboko.
2. Heat butter in a pot then stir-fry the chicken, onions, and Shimeji until cooked.
3. Mix in flour.
4. Add water, soy milk, and consomme cube, then simmer until the sauce thickens.
5. Add Kamaboko and season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer to a pie dish, sprinkle with pizza cheese and parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in the oven at 250C (482F) / gas oven to 230C (446F) / or you can use a toaster oven, for about 10 minutes, just until golden brown on top.
FYI: Macaroni Gratin (マカロニグラタン)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, January 22, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...