Shumai (Pork Dumpling) is a type of traditional Chinese dumpling served as dim sum. In this tutorial I will show you how to make it WITHOUT using Shumai wrappers but bok choy (a type of Chinese cabbage) and with a lot of corn toppings. yummy!!!
Bok choy gives a nice flavor at the same time makes it look very colorful. Perfect for parties and Bento lunch box :)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 12 pieces
240g (8.5oz.) frozen corn kernels *canned is ok
2 tbsp. corn or potato starch
200g (7oz.) ground pork
* 4 tbsp. chopped long onion
* 2 tsp. grated ginger
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
* salt and pepper
* 1 tsp. sesame oil
2 baby bok choy
1. Defrost frozen corn kernels and coat with corn or potato starch.
2. Trim off the bok choy stem end, separate out the leaves, and rinse under running water to remove sands. Place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then microwave at 600 watts for 2 minutes until a bit tender.
3. Place ground pork and A in a bowl and mix well with your hands until the mixture becomes sticky. Divide it in to 12 pieces and roll into balls.
4. Coat with the corn kernels and wrap with bok choy leaves.
5. Place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then cook in the microwave at 600 watts for 7 minutes.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...