Shumai (Pork Dumpling) is a type of traditional Chinese dumpling served as dim sum. In this tutorial I will show you how to make it WITHOUT using Shumai wrappers but bok choy (a type of Chinese cabbage) and with a lot of corn toppings. yummy!!!
Bok choy gives a nice flavor at the same time makes it look very colorful. Perfect for parties and Bento lunch box :)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 12 pieces
240g (8.5oz.) frozen corn kernels *canned is ok
2 tbsp. corn or potato starch
200g (7oz.) ground pork
* 4 tbsp. chopped long onion
* 2 tsp. grated ginger
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
* salt and pepper
* 1 tsp. sesame oil
2 baby bok choy
1. Defrost frozen corn kernels and coat with corn or potato starch.
2. Trim off the bok choy stem end, separate out the leaves, and rinse under running water to remove sands. Place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then microwave at 600 watts for 2 minutes until a bit tender.
3. Place ground pork and A in a bowl and mix well with your hands until the mixture becomes sticky. Divide it in to 12 pieces and roll into balls.
4. Coat with the corn kernels and wrap with bok choy leaves.
5. Place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then cook in the microwave at 600 watts for 7 minutes.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...