Shumai (Pork Dumpling) is a type of traditional Chinese dumpling served as dim sum. In this tutorial I will show you how to make it WITHOUT using Shumai wrappers but bok choy (a type of Chinese cabbage) and with a lot of corn toppings. yummy!!!
Bok choy gives a nice flavor at the same time makes it look very colorful. Perfect for parties and Bento lunch box :)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 12 pieces
240g (8.5oz.) frozen corn kernels *canned is ok
2 tbsp. corn or potato starch
200g (7oz.) ground pork
* 4 tbsp. chopped long onion
* 2 tsp. grated ginger
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
* salt and pepper
* 1 tsp. sesame oil
2 baby bok choy
1. Defrost frozen corn kernels and coat with corn or potato starch.
2. Trim off the bok choy stem end, separate out the leaves, and rinse under running water to remove sands. Place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then microwave at 600 watts for 2 minutes until a bit tender.
3. Place ground pork and A in a bowl and mix well with your hands until the mixture becomes sticky. Divide it in to 12 pieces and roll into balls.
4. Coat with the corn kernels and wrap with bok choy leaves.
5. Place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then cook in the microwave at 600 watts for 7 minutes.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
Zeppole (zeppoli) is a fried choux pastry traditionally eaten on March 19th, which is St. Joseph Day (la festa di San Giuseppe), also father...
Katsu Sando is Cutlet Sandwich. It is perfect for Bento (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmkdRm8...
Very light and tasty. Addictive omelette indeed :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmprA9VjP8 Serve the omelette as soon as possible o...
Almost too cute to eat :3 Adorable hugging cookies made with Sakura. Perfect for Spring season!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berHW3...
Did you know you can make pancakes with just 2 ingredients?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNa4M-FtqY I think it is pretty popular r...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
Very easy, light, and delicious :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AuUr_9oI3Q I prefer to make in this way than adding eggs. It is tas...
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...