Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom).
This video will show you how to make Kansai-style Sakura Mochi.
Kansai-style uses Domyoji powder (it is made of Mochi rice steamed, dried, and pounded very rough). The Mochi cake has rough and chewy texture. Anko is wrapped inside and covered with salty Sakura leaf. The leaf is edible but it is up to you (you can remove it).
Kanto-style has a pink crepe-like rice cake around the Anko.
Number of servings: 10 pieces
140g (5oz.) Domyoji powder
1 tbsp. sugar
200ml warm water
a bit of red food coloring
150g (5.3oz.) Koshian (sweet red bean paste without skins)
10 salt pickled Sakura leaves
1. Soak salt pickled Sakura leaves in water for 30 minutes to remove the salty flavor. Then drain well with paper towel.
2. Roll Koshian into 10 balls (15g each).
3. Place warm water in a microwavable bowl. Add a bit of red food coloring till you get pastel pink. Add sugar and mix well. Then add Domyoji powder and mix again.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 600 watts for 6 minutes. When it's done, leave in the microwave for 10 minutes to set.
5. Uncover and mix well. Place it in plastic wrap and shape into a log. Cut the log into 10 pieces.
6. Moisten your hands with water and flatten out the rice cake. Wrap the Anko and form the rice into a cylinder.
7. Wrap with Sakura leaves to finish.
If you don't have Domyoji powder, you can cook Mochi Rice and pound.
Anko (sweet red bean paste) from scratch video is HERE:
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...
This video will show you how to make churros with chewy middles and crispy outsides! Este video le mostrará cómo hacer churros. http://...