Spaghetti Napolitan sounds like an Italian dish; however, it is a very popular Japanese pasta dish, a mealtime favorite across Japan.
It is mainly seasoned with tomato Ketchup. Please use Kagome tomato ketchup for better taste ;)
I used less tomato ketchup for my 1-year-old daughter. It is a perfect dish for babies!!! For adults, you can season it with additional tomato ketchup right before you eat ;)
Number of servings: 2 adults and 1~2 babies
200g (7oz.) spaghetti
100g (3.5oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
50g (1.8oz.) green pepper
2 slices of ham
1/2 consomme cube or powder
2 or more tbsp. tomato ketchup
5 tbsp. canned diced tomatoes
1 tsp. olive oil
grated parmesan cheese
1. Slice the onion. Thinly slice the carrot, green pepper, and ham.
2. Cook spaghetti as directed on its package.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, stir-fry onion and carrot slices until tender. Then add ham and green pepper and cook until just combined.
4. Mix in diced tomato, tomato ketchup, and consomme cube. Then add the spaghetti and toss to coat evenly.
5. For a baby, remove a small bowl of Napolitan (100g=3.5oz.) and place it into a small pot. Add 150ml water, then simmer until water is fully absorbed and tender. You can cut the pasta into small pieces and/or add more tomato ketchup to season it, depending on the age of your baby.
6. For adults, season the dish with additional tomato ketchup (2~6 tbsp.) to your taste. Then dust with grated parmesan cheese to finish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...