Ramen Eggs, also called Nitamago, Ajitama, or Ajitsuke-tamago, are savory soft-boiled eggs with creamy runny egg yolk, known as Ramen topping.
Ramen Egg is not only for Ramen but also for fried rice, pasta, rice bowl, and more! It even makes a perfect topping for white rice. Great dish to stock in the fridge :)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 10min + soaking time
Number of servings: 4
4 cold eggs right out of the fridge
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1 tsp. sugar
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Tap each egg with a spoon to make cracks in the bottom of the shell. OR you can poke a small hole using an "Egg Hole Puncher". (Water goes in between the egg and the shell which helps the shell to come off).
3. Place the eggs in a strainer and place it in boiling water, the crack-side up (to let water in). The strainer prevents eggs from hitting the bottom of the pot.
4. Boil for 7 minutes. Place them in water to cool, then peel.
5. Place the Tare seasonings in a Ziploc bag and mix well. Then place the eggs, close securely, and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes ~ 12 hours, rolling over once in a while.
If you soak the eggs too long, they become salty and the egg yolks pectize (like jelly). Please eat when you think are ready. I think it becomes too salty after 12 hours.
You can get an "Egg Hole Puncher" at Daiso 100yen shop to poke a hole in the egg.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...