Ramen Eggs, also called Nitamago, Ajitama, or Ajitsuke-tamago, are savory soft-boiled eggs with creamy runny egg yolk, known as Ramen topping.
Ramen Egg is not only for Ramen but also for fried rice, pasta, rice bowl, and more! It even makes a perfect topping for white rice. Great dish to stock in the fridge :)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 10min + soaking time
Number of servings: 4
4 cold eggs right out of the fridge
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1 tsp. sugar
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Tap each egg with a spoon to make cracks in the bottom of the shell. OR you can poke a small hole using an "Egg Hole Puncher". (Water goes in between the egg and the shell which helps the shell to come off).
3. Place the eggs in a strainer and place it in boiling water, the crack-side up (to let water in). The strainer prevents eggs from hitting the bottom of the pot.
4. Boil for 7 minutes. Place them in water to cool, then peel.
5. Place the Tare seasonings in a Ziploc bag and mix well. Then place the eggs, close securely, and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes ~ 12 hours, rolling over once in a while.
If you soak the eggs too long, they become salty and the egg yolks pectize (like jelly). Please eat when you think are ready. I think it becomes too salty after 12 hours.
You can get an "Egg Hole Puncher" at Daiso 100yen shop to poke a hole in the egg.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...