Ramen Eggs, also called Nitamago, Ajitama, or Ajitsuke-tamago, are savory soft-boiled eggs with creamy runny egg yolk, known as Ramen topping.
Ramen Egg is not only for Ramen but also for fried rice, pasta, rice bowl, and more! It even makes a perfect topping for white rice. Great dish to stock in the fridge :)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 10min + soaking time
Number of servings: 4
4 cold eggs right out of the fridge
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1 tsp. sugar
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Tap each egg with a spoon to make cracks in the bottom of the shell. OR you can poke a small hole using an "Egg Hole Puncher". (Water goes in between the egg and the shell which helps the shell to come off).
3. Place the eggs in a strainer and place it in boiling water, the crack-side up (to let water in). The strainer prevents eggs from hitting the bottom of the pot.
4. Boil for 7 minutes. Place them in water to cool, then peel.
5. Place the Tare seasonings in a Ziploc bag and mix well. Then place the eggs, close securely, and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes ~ 12 hours, rolling over once in a while.
If you soak the eggs too long, they become salty and the egg yolks pectize (like jelly). Please eat when you think are ready. I think it becomes too salty after 12 hours.
You can get an "Egg Hole Puncher" at Daiso 100yen shop to poke a hole in the egg.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
Zeppole (zeppoli) is a fried choux pastry traditionally eaten on March 19th, which is St. Joseph Day (la festa di San Giuseppe), also father...
Katsu Sando is Cutlet Sandwich. It is perfect for Bento (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmkdRm8...
Very light and tasty. Addictive omelette indeed :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmprA9VjP8 Serve the omelette as soon as possible o...
Almost too cute to eat :3 Adorable hugging cookies made with Sakura. Perfect for Spring season!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berHW3...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
Did you know you can make pancakes with just 2 ingredients?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNa4M-FtqY I think it is pretty popular r...
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Very easy, light, and delicious :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AuUr_9oI3Q I prefer to make in this way than adding eggs. It is tas...