One batter which magically divides into three layers, three different textures: a flan base, crème center, and génoise (sponge) top!
The recipe was originated in France and talked about in Japan in 2015.
However, if you expect smooth and creamy flan, you will get disappointed with the texture… it is pretty dense and chewy. Thus, I prefer the chocolate flavor. The flan base is just like chocolate fudge and pretty addictive ;)
Chocolate Magic Cake recipe is HERE:
Magic Custard Cake (3-Layer Cake from 1 Batter)
Number of servings: 15cm (6inch) round cake pan
90g (3.2oz.) granulated sugar *1 tbsp. for egg whites
1 tbsp. warm water
90g (3.2oz.) butter
90g (3.2oz.) cake flour
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 160C (320F).
2. Line the cake pan with parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave at 600W for 30 seconds.
4. Warm the milk (not hot).
5. Separate the eggs.
6. Place the egg yolks in a bowl. Add warm water and sugar (leave out 1 tbsp. for egg whites), then beat them with an electric mixer until white like mayonnaise.
7. Add the melted butter little by little and mix well.
8. Sift in flour, add salt, and mix well.
9. Add milk 1/2 at a time, then add vanilla extract and mix well.
10. In a different bowl, lightly whip the egg whites. Then add 1 tbsp. of sugar and beat with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
11. Mix 9 and 10 together for 4~5 times with a whisk. DO NOT OVER-MIX. Pour the batter into the pan and even out the surface.
12. Bake at 160C (320F) for about 45~50 minutes.
13. Leave to cool completely, then cool in the fridge for over 2 hours. Dust with powdered sugar to finish.
You can garnish with some fruits if you like :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
Pocky is a very popular treat produced by the Ezaki Glico Company of Japan! It is one of the sweets that kids want to make from scratch ;) ...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Did you know you can make pancakes with just 2 ingredients?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNa4M-FtqY I think it is pretty popular r...
Ohagi or Botamochi is a traditional Japanese sweet made with sweet sticky rice and sweet Azuki (red bean paste). There are different stories...
Very easy, light, and delicious :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AuUr_9oI3Q I prefer to make in this way than adding eggs. It is tas...
Zeppole (zeppoli) is a fried choux pastry traditionally eaten on March 19th, which is St. Joseph Day (la festa di San Giuseppe), also father...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Super easy, fluffy and moist :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pSmaDeu8-A You can't believe you can make this with only 3 ingredi...
Almost too cute to eat :3 Adorable hugging cookies made with Sakura. Perfect for Spring season!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berHW3...