Nanbanzuke is a Japanese home-cooked meal with deep fried meat or fish, marinated in sweet and spicy vinegar sauce.
Aji (horse mackerel) is in season in Japnan from May to July :)
You can substitute it with other fish or chicken, too!
Aji no Nanbanzuke (Horse Mackerel Marinated in Sweet Vinegar Sauce)
Number of servings: 4
8 fillets horse mackerel = 400g (14oz.) *other fish or chicken is OK
3 tbsp. sesame oil
100g (3.5oz.) onion
120g (4.2oz.) color peppers (green/red/orange/yellow)
1 dried red chili pepper
* 4 tbsp. vinegar (rice or cereal)
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 50ml Kombu Dashi soup stock
1. Thinly slice onion and color peppers. Boil for just under a minute to remove the bad smell and bitter taste. Then drain well in a colander.
2. Slice the horse mackerel fillets diagonally into pieces. Dust both sides with salt and flour. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan. Cook both side until crisp, golden and cooked through. Transfer to a flat dish. *You can of course deep fry the horse mackerel.
3. Thinly slice dried red chili pepper. Mix the marinade and the dried red chili pepper. Then add the vegetables and toss. Pour it over the horse mackerel and marinade for over 10 minutes, then serve.
After 10 minutes, fish meat is very soft. After a day, the flavor soaks well and the fish meat becomes firm (condensed). Both are delicious! You can keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Aji no Nanbanzuke (Horse Mackerel Marinated in Sweet Vinegar Sauce) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Zeppole (zeppoli) is a fried choux pastry traditionally eaten on March 19th, which is St. Joseph Day (la festa di San Giuseppe), also father...
Katsu Sando is Cutlet Sandwich. It is perfect for Bento (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmkdRm8...
Did you know you can make pancakes with just 2 ingredients?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNa4M-FtqY I think it is pretty popular r...
Almost too cute to eat :3 Adorable hugging cookies made with Sakura. Perfect for Spring season!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=berHW3...
Very easy, light, and delicious :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AuUr_9oI3Q I prefer to make in this way than adding eggs. It is tas...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very light and tasty. Addictive omelette indeed :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlmprA9VjP8 Serve the omelette as soon as possible o...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...