Nanbanzuke is a Japanese home-cooked meal with deep fried meat or fish, marinated in sweet and spicy vinegar sauce.
Aji (horse mackerel) is in season in Japnan from May to July :)
You can substitute it with other fish or chicken, too!
Aji no Nanbanzuke (Horse Mackerel Marinated in Sweet Vinegar Sauce)
Number of servings: 4
8 fillets horse mackerel = 400g (14oz.) *other fish or chicken is OK
3 tbsp. sesame oil
100g (3.5oz.) onion
120g (4.2oz.) color peppers (green/red/orange/yellow)
1 dried red chili pepper
* 4 tbsp. vinegar (rice or cereal)
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 50ml Kombu Dashi soup stock
1. Thinly slice onion and color peppers. Boil for just under a minute to remove the bad smell and bitter taste. Then drain well in a colander.
2. Slice the horse mackerel fillets diagonally into pieces. Dust both sides with salt and flour. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan. Cook both side until crisp, golden and cooked through. Transfer to a flat dish. *You can of course deep fry the horse mackerel.
3. Thinly slice dried red chili pepper. Mix the marinade and the dried red chili pepper. Then add the vegetables and toss. Pour it over the horse mackerel and marinade for over 10 minutes, then serve.
After 10 minutes, fish meat is very soft. After a day, the flavor soaks well and the fish meat becomes firm (condensed). Both are delicious! You can keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Aji no Nanbanzuke (Horse Mackerel Marinated in Sweet Vinegar Sauce) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...
You don't need an oven :) Crunchy crust and moist cream cheese filling. yummy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJgR90_-W_4 Just ...
はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area. http://www.youtube.com...