Hiyashi Chuka (cold ramen) is kind of refreshing ramen salad. You can enjoy it by changing the toppings and Tare (dressing/sauce).
This video will show you how to make Hiyashi Chuka drizzled with light yet tasty sesame sauce, arranged with Ramen-like toppings, just like the one appeared on Manga: Koufuku Graffiti.
Perfect dish during the hot and humid summer season. However it can be served all year long ;)
Goma Hiyashi Chuka (Cold Ramen with Sesame Dressing)
Number of servings: 2
2 packages fresh Ramen noodles
8 slices Char siu (roasted pork)
2 Ramen eggs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXJeJM8q5YA
100g (3.5oz.) bean sprouts
Beni Shoga (red pickled ginger)
Goma-Dare (sesame dressing)
* 3 tbsp. white sesame paste
* 1/2 tsp. Toban Jan (hot bean sauce / Chinese red chili paste)
* 50ml water
* 50ml vinegar (rice or cereal)
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce (use light soy sauce if you have)
* 1.5 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* a pinch of salt
1. First, dilute white sesame paste and Toban Jan with water. Then mix the other ingredients for Goma-Dare and cool in the fridge.
2. Remove the roots and heads of bean sprouts (you can leave the heads if you like), then parboil for a few seconds and drain well in a strainer. Cut cucumber into thin strips.
3. In a large pot, boil water. Add fresh Ramen noodles in the boiling water and gently stir noodles with chopsticks. Cook Ramen noodles according to your package (mine was 3 min). Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse the noodles under cold water for a few times to remove starch. Then drain well again and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Place the cold noodles in a dish, then Arrange the toppings. Pour over the sauce right before you eat.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, June 24, 2016
Goma Hiyashi Chuka (Koufuku Graffiti Inspired Cold Ramen with Sesame Dressing) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...